ThatDwemerGuy

I've been searching for a mod that either adds a robot arm as a piece of clothing that works with ALL armors found in Dust, or a race with a robot arm that has compatibility with armors found in Dust. I've found this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38029/, but it only works correctly with the armors included. When used with any other armors your arm will clip through. If someone could link me to a better one (If such a mod exists), or (and this would be doing me a big favor) fix this one to work properly.

• 2 months later...

It can't be done. At least not generically.

The reason is that armor and clothing in Fallout New Vegas includes body parts. If you are wearing a T-shirt and jeans outfit, for example, it looks like you are just putting on a T-shirt and jeans over your body. But that's not what is happening in the game. Instead, your entire body gets swapped out for the T-shirt and jeans mesh, and this T-shirt and jeans mesh includes the human arms.

If you want to make this work with every armor set that is compatible with Dust, then you need to make custom meshes for every single one of those armor sets. That can be done, but it's a fair amount of work.

Are you really planning on wearing every type of armor that is compatible with Dust? You'll have a much better chance of getting something done for you if you just ask for one or two outfits to be customized for that robot arm.