My problems so far with Vortex

Arcanant

For me installing literally any graphics mod results in missing textures (red diamond with exclamation point) and depending on what mod the ground may or may not exist.

Naturally I'm going to reinstall skyrim, uninstall Vortex and put mods in manually.

Are you sure it has to do with Vortex? Remodded both Skyrim SE and FO4 with many many texture mods in my list.... not a single problem so far. Vortex is already superior to NMM in my opinion.

Atm i have a perfect functioning Sklyrim with 198 activ plugins and aroud 250 mods installed.

For me installing literally any graphics mod results in missing textures (red diamond with exclamation point) and depending on what mod the ground may or may not exist.

Naturally I'm going to reinstall skyrim, uninstall Vortex and put mods in manually.

No need to reinstall Skyrim, just uninstall mods, then "purge", Vortex will remove remaining after the uninstall procedure, then remove empty folders and files that You put manually. Now you can check integrity via Steam(this will restore accidentally deleted native files). That is - clean, just installed Skyrim.

I went back to NMM after trying Mod Organiser and realising that it doesn't load the Widescreen fix I have and it also forgets to load FNIS for animations. I tried Vortex only for it to break Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 to the point where I had to reinstall them fresh. NMM I found to be far more stable and did what I wanted it to do without too many problems.

When I used Vortex I found it would uncheck the mods I loaded into it when I ran the game so I was only getting a few of the mods working and also I went to uninstall the mods and it refused to even purge them. So I am sticking with NMM and doing things manually.

I went back to NMM after trying Mod Organiser and realising that it doesn't load the Widescreen fix I have and it also forgets to load FNIS for animations. I tried Vortex only for it to break Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 to the point where I had to reinstall them fresh. NMM I found to be far more stable and did what I wanted it to do without too many problems.

When I used Vortex I found it would uncheck the mods I loaded into it when I ran the game so I was only getting a few of the mods working and also I went to uninstall the mods and it refused to even purge them. So I am sticking with NMM and doing things manually.

Yep, NMM does everything I need without all the hooplah I'd just as soon skip. Pity

• 3 weeks later...

I wished it work for me beer ambassador .. I flag' d the box per instructions... but in game it tells me f4se did not load! .. any other ideas?... thx for your input just the same.

I'm using f4se .0.6.13

F4SE_Loader.exe and the dlls that were in the F4SE zip file are in the same folder as Fallout4Launcher.exe and Fallout4.exe?

its flag'd I got that from a above post you did while helping someone else.. :smile:

ah right its …. " F4SE" on mine ... wrong paths then?

No, it's the right path, if you noticed, I'm playing Fallout 3, which uses FOSE, I was just asking if your Dashboard looks similar with the Primary Flag set for F4SE.

Why are you using such an old version of F4SE? Nevermind