Creating an all-in-one installer for STEP program.

KUPOkinz

Hello everyone! Not sure if anyone is familiar with the STEP guide over on http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Morrowind but it is quite possibly the biggest modding guide available for Morrowind. Not only is it one of the biggest, it's also up to date as of January 2018 and it's vanilla gameplay friendly. It's pretty much what MGSO would have been if it came out in 2018 and MGSO was released originally over 9 years ago so it's well lived it's life cycle. We've not had a proper easy overhaul since then and in my opinion, Kingpix still remains, well, king at the easy installation for new comers. Step is an entire guide with many many many mods that are vanilla friendly that, when followed correctly, turn Morrowind into something amazing, I tell you a-hwut.

However.. this guide takes absolutely FOREVER to follow and so many compatibility issues you'd want to rip your head off, or atleast in my experience, others may differ. My first attempt was done after 5 and a half hours.

What I've decided to do is take this whole entire guide and develop a painstaking, excruciatingly difficult to make One Click Install Program for the complete STEP guide. I will NOT be releasing it to public whatso ever until I've acquired proper authorization from the mod makers and proper permissions. For now, I will be treating it as my own person backup of my modded installiation folder with benifits of an installiation program. I cannot alleviate that enough how important it is to me to receive proper permissions and an official release of what I've dubbed "STEPWIND 2018" will never see the light of day until I do get the permissions.

I need everyones help in doing this and don't expect anyone to jump at a signals notice for me. This is why, even tho it will not be made public yet, I am going to showcase the installer later on when I finish a few things up on my youtube so people can see what actual potential this has to become the successor to MGSO.

It is understandable to doubt be.. this is my post number uno upon the amazing nexus website although I've been here more times than I like to admit. I do not have a name for myself, I've never publicly released anything ever in the modding scene. But please bear with me as I have for the past, oh I forgot how many days! A little over 10 though, nonstop and I am so exausted my fingers are mentally bleeding in my head and I've probably drowned my poor kidneys in coffee and redbull.

I am only a single person and the main absolute thing I require is getting in contact with every mod owner from the Step guide over on the wiki. I will release a post later on confirming the names of each and every person I need to acquire permissions from in hopes that you, fellow Nexus posters, know some of these people in advanced and can get me access to means of contacting them.

Please for now, it will still be awhile. It may even take til tomorrow or a couple of more days. Just keep this link tabbed in your browser somewhere and check back occasionally until I release the showcase video and then think about everything I've asked of the community today. Thanks you everyone! I look forward to any questions or comments :) I will be checking this post regularly and as a last request, please ignore my terrible grammar. I don't even know how to spell my own name right now. ;)

• 1 year later...