• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MrManovar6

MrManovar6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

I've been searching around for more hints on how to stop crashes, and lo and behold I run into Stutter Remover (which I've always used), and many most recent posts added there, talk about windows 10 update causing problems. That's why I had so many crashes, ain't it? Because Stutter Remover no longer supports current Windows 10 update?

JimboUK

JimboUK

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Premium Member
  • 45,008 posts

Yeah the stutter remover does cause crashes on the latest Windows 10 update, you can keep the frame limiting and fast exit by opening the sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.ini and changing bHookCriticalSections = 1 to bHookCriticalSections = 0

MrManovar6

MrManovar6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Yeah the stutter remover does cause crashes on the latest Windows 10 update, you can keep the frame limiting and fast exit by opening the sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.ini and changing bHookCriticalSections = 1 to bHookCriticalSections = 0

Worth a shot. Where is that ini file?

dubiousintent

dubiousintent

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 7,980 posts

"Data\NVSE\Plugins".

-Dubious-

MrManovar6

MrManovar6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

I've finally Frankenstein'd this game to work. THANK YOU guys!

Darkside6977

Darkside6977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I checked that &  the bHookCriticalSections is already at 0 will try disableing  NVSR alltogether & see if it works

Darkside6977

Darkside6977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

dis

ableing NVSR didnt work

Darkside6977

Darkside6977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

dis

disableing NVSR didnt work

dubiousintent

dubiousintent

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 7,980 posts

Try replacing NVSR with "NVTF - New Vegas Tick Fix" (it's intended replacement) instead.  Note the NVTF team recommend not using NVSR at all, so they won't respond to questions about getting the two to work together (even though some people have been able to do so).

-Dubious-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 10, fallout: new vegas, crashing, stutter remover

Page loaded in: 1.001 seconds