Disappearing Tattoos when clothes put on

artimusdin

So, I use Unique Player mod, and I'm working at applying a half-sleeve/ sleeve tattoo to the base skin texture. It works, because I can actually see the tattoo when she has no shirt on, so that's not an issue. The issue is the instant a tank top or vest is put on, the tattoo disappears. It is no more. What is going on here? Why is a different skin texture replacing the unique player texture?

the reason is because the armor uses a body with its own textures( or its reading the basefemale/basemale body textures) instead of just being clothes. Therefore when you equip it, your tattoos will go away. If you're dead set on using that armor and seeing your tats, you can remove the body in cbbe's body slide outfit studio, or you can place your textures in basefemale/basemale as well. . although the latter would mean everyone else would have your tats too. . .

Yes, apparently it has it's own skin! It took me forever to find it, now I've just got to figure out if it's possible to easily replace the built in skin. If not, it's no big loss if I just don't use that piece of the set. But thank you, your comment confirmed what I was starting to suspect. That being said, do you know, off the top of your head, the quickest way to preview your work on a texture? The methods I know are to 1) load up the game and 2) start outfit studio. I'm kinda ashamed how long it took me to figure out how to do the latter, for looking at a "unique player" skin textures...