Feedback on the feedback

LawrenceFB

I know Tannin must be swamped by the feedback, I have sent enough myself, but could we have some feedback ourselves. Maybe something in 'Known Issues'. I do not want to involve him in any more discussions that he wishes to join. I want him fixing bugs, but I would like some I idea of what is being fixed :smile: .

Edit: I only mean feedback on bugs.

I know Tannin must be swamped by the feedback, I have sent enough myself, but could we have some feedback ourselves. Maybe something in 'Known Issues'. I do not want to involve him in any more discussions that he wishes to join. I want him fixing bugs, but I would like some I idea of what is being fixed :smile: .

Edit: I only mean feedback on bugs.

agreed. i suggest a public bugtracker again =P

I covered this in the announcement:

Please keep in mind that, currently, Tannin is the only developer working on Vortex and as such, we need to manage his time carefully. To us, it's more prudent that he spends the vast majority of his time actually working on Vortex to improve it, because every hour he spends responding to user feedback is an hour he hasn't spent working on Vortex itself. So while it's my hope we can respond to as much as possible, please be aware it's unlikely we're going to be able to respond to all feedback. We will read it all, however.

Moving forward, we'd definitely like to be far more communicative. But at this stage, it's simply not possible. Especially with Tannin being a one-man show at the moment on the programming side of things.

I covered this in the announcement:

Please keep in mind that, currently, Tannin is the only developer working on Vortex and as such, we need to manage his time carefully. To us, it's more prudent that he spends the vast majority of his time actually working on Vortex to improve it, because every hour he spends responding to user feedback is an hour he hasn't spent working on Vortex itself. So while it's my hope we can respond to as much as possible, please be aware it's unlikely we're going to be able to respond to all feedback. We will read it all, however.

Moving forward, we'd definitely like to be far more communicative. But at this stage, it's simply not possible. Especially with Tannin being a one-man show at the moment on the programming side of things.

I was unclear. I do not wish Tannin to spend time replying to feedback. What I would like is some idea of what is being fixed. I have been holding off using Vortex in case more information was needed to fix the sorting issue I had that causes WryeBash a problem.

I agree that him fixing bugs and enhancing Vortex is more important and I guess I will just have to restrain my impatience :smile: .

I will backup my current Vortex setup and upgrade to the new release. That for the good work.

well, i dunno...

i mean, you have some sort of issue tracking (you need to, otherwise how the hell do you keep track) - i assume it's github and something internal for the built-in `feedback` mechanism.

if people can look up whether their issue has already been reported or not, they're able to

a) get feedback on whether the issue is recognized/fixed/dismissed - without asking questions here and actually taking away your time, which is the main point of this topic

b) contribute more precisely to specific issues

so give this idea a spin