DynDOLOD Standalone 2.36 beta SSE not working

Toriko

TexGen64.exe and DynDOLOD64.exe are not working in SSE with Vortex.

I used Add Tool to add both programs to the dashboard of Skyrim Special Edition.

Vortex and Skyrim Special Edition and DynDOLOD are installed on the same drive.

I made sure to add the -sse switch in the Command Line section when setting up both programs so it would know it was running on Skyrim Special Edition not oldrim.

When I run each program it throws and error saying it can't find oldrim directories and settings and then exits.

Here is a copy of the error log

[00:00:00.000] TexGen based on xEdit x64 starting session 2018-02-19 21:13:25
[00:00:00.002] Using Skyrim Data Path:
[00:00:00.004] Using ini:
[00:00:00.006] Fatal: Could not find ini
[00:00:02.882] Saving: Settings
[00:00:02.885] Saving: Logs
Since this is the exact same behavior you get if you fail to put the -sse switch into the command line when using mod organizer 2, I suspect that it is not seeing the -sse switch.
Is anyone else having the same problem? Have I missed something?
Does anyone have a work around?

Is the Steam client already running BEFORE you try to run SKSE64 ?

If not, thats your problem.

Assuming of course also that you can launch the game via SKSE64 from within Vortex ?

Without SKSE64 you will not get PapyrusUTIL running.

See this issue reported in the SKSE64 topic

I also reported it to Sheson who agrees its something needs to be looked into by the guys doing SKSE64.

But your issue may be compounded by having to run things through Vortex, in which case you may need to report it for the attention of Tannin in the Vortex forums https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/4301-vortex/

Otherwise DynDOLOD SSE Beta is running fine for me.

Edited by Guest

Since this is the exact same behavior you get if you fail to put the -sse switch into the command line when using mod organizer 2, I suspect that it is not seeing the -sse switch.

That's correct. It's a bug, reported several times. Commandline args are not working.

Does anyone have a work around?

Create a .bat file with the application and its args, then point Vortex at the bat file.

• 8 months later...

Anyone here still have the old dyndolod 2.36, i accidently erased it, though i had a backup but apparantely not.

i still have the resources, i just need the tool itself.

i noticed i need to regenerate everything with 2.44, last time it took me several hours to complete (failing, restarting, missing options) and i totally do not remember what i did, or which options i took..

as it was perfect with my previous Output, i don't see why i should update, so i hope someone can give me a link with dyndolod 2.36

Thx in advance

ps: Unless there is a way without generating NEW output (hence using my old dyndolod.output and texgen.output) and creating new esm / esp files, that would be a great help also

Cheers!

Edited by DX3M666