skse64 - does it improve performance?

phillipjohnmc

i'm not really interested in using any mods that require skse64 (i tried SKYUI which is OK but not personally necessary).

but i watched a video about skse64 and i believe the maker said it improves performance...is that true? is it a good idea to install it, even if i'm not using any mods that need it? or it makes no difference whatsoever and is only so that we can use skse64-reliant mods...

I don't think SKSE64 should touch performance on it's own

not 100% sure on it , but I don't see any reason for it to have any effect on performance

sure , mods using it could touch game performance (for better and for worse) , but the tool itself shouldn't make a difference (at least as far as I know)

there really is no reason not to install it

even if you do install it , you don't have to launch the game using it , so it's just a few extra small files on your PC

but if you do decide on using some of the mods that require it (and there are plenty of amazing mods that do) , you will need to install it anyhow

cool, thanks.

one reason i'm not terribly keen on installing is the skse64.loader.exe file prompts a pop-up from windows asking me if i'm sure i want to open it, which i don't really like. and i haven't found a good way to get rid of the pop-up, from what i've tried so far. tried doing something with task scheduler but for some reason i wasn't pleased. unless there's some way to tell windows 10 that yeah, it's ok to open it, stfu!

I'm pretty sure it does this with most executables

just run it as admin , it will give a different prompt but it's far better (and I believe most people actively recommend using it with admin privileges)

don't be too afraid about these prompts

it doesn't mean it's not safe to use

I'm pretty sure you'll get a similar pop up when trying to install a software (like a music \ movie player or such)

well , I'm not quite sure about this

I've used the script extenders on games from Oblivion to Fallout 4 , but never got to Skyrim SE (maybe some day in the future)

and I don't recall having a prompt when loading the executable (I thought you were referring to something else)

strange , but still just a minor inconvenience

maybe search around , see if others have the same prompt and maybe someone found a way to disable it

Any prompts that come up when running anything is to do with windows security.

See SKSE as an extension to the games console commands. Mods call for those commands from skse to provide added functiontivity and with out those mods I am sure skse on its own doesn't do anything.