Vortex - Kingdom Come Deliverance

Arcanant

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads-up: With the patch 1.3, Warhorse seems to have introduced another way of mod handling, which involves creating a `Mods` folder in the root directory of the game, containing mods as subfolders. These subfolders' contains are relative to the root directory, and not /data (easy way of handling mods with localization files). Also it seems some sort of descriptions in form of `.manifest`s are supported.

Here's an example mod

Here's another

Mods with that sort of setup structure are incompatible with the way VO currently handles mods without manual intervention (VO ver 0.13.3)

TIL there's a nexus wiki

Edited by kamikatze13

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
If you check the tab for "Supported Games" you will find Kingdom Come: Deliverance there: https://www.nexusmods.com/about/vortex/

So I just grabbed KCD in the Steam sale and I'm also struggling to add it to Vortex... I'm using the current build on the Vortex testing branch (0.18.10), I've run the game twice in order to tweak the graphics settings and I started a new game to create an active save file just in case that's an issue (standing at the forge ready to talk to my father).

Despite the claimed support; KCD isn't on the in-Vortex list of supported games, it's not picked up in a full scan, it's not even picked up if I clear all of my Search Paths and create one that points straight at the game directory, and if I download a mod from KCD Nexus it tells me the mod is for an unsupported game (and I can only force-install it on one of my other managed games).

So how exactly do I get KCD supported in Vortex?

On my system, at least, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is disabled.

Under the General category, click Extensions.

Scroll down to Game: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - and Enable it.

No guarantees - this is a game I don't have - but it will get you closer.

On my system, at least, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is disabled.

Thank you! That fixed it... Y'know it had never even clicked for me that I needed an extension just to enable a game. All this time I assumed that was a section for launch flags, wrappers, etc.