is this correct for 'The Kids Are Alright' mod?

ericjmz

Hello

I used 'The Kids are alright SE' in an old playthru with SSE; loved it; by memory there was a single-file mod (then)

Now, with my current playthru, there are 3 parts (epsiodes)...with each part saying it contains all the info from the prior part (e.g., Episode Two says it contains everything form Episode one)

I have some questions because I am not certain I installed it correctly (though I THINK I did); I did use NMM to install

The mods site does not have a place for forum,posts, bug reports, or author contact,so I ask my questions here.

Here goes:

1. I installed Episode One, followed by two (and when prompted overwrote files), & last Part 3 (also overwrote)

...that just seemed sensible

2. But on the mod site as it says 'contains everything from.."...should I only have installed Episode three?

3. In a prior playthru my favorite kid was the argonian girl. I installed this mod when I began this SSE playthru, and already up to level 83, and having visited every main city, I can't find that girl anywhere

Ditto an Alice-in-Wonderland lookalike girl...cant find her...an ideas?

4. If my install (via NMM) was wrong...if I should have only installed Episode 3,would any one uninstall all 3 parts, & reinstall Episode 3 only at this point?

thank you

ericjmz

Main files for episode 1, 2 & 3 state right next to the file to install ONLY one main file. The description page explains the differences between main files. There are a bevy of patches for other mods after the main files. ALWAYS READ THE DESC PAGE & THE STICKIES. If you did that you would not be here asking Q's.

2/23

Thank you for your kind replies.

I have no questions as to the 'bevy of patches'

I know it obvious to you, but even with your answers its not obvious to me.

Maybe i'm just not as smart as you guys, but even with your answers I am still confused?

here's why..

1, Skyrim has 3 'Acts' (episodes?)

Act I: Unbound -Horn

Act II: Blade-Alduin's Bane

Act III: Season - Epilogue

Kids Are Alright has 3 'episodes'...with one file posted PER episode

So I didn't know (still) from he webpage...and I still don't know from your answers whether its one file per-episode,or 1 file period?

Assuming its 1 file period (as you seem to state), then I assume you mean ONLY the Episode 3 file?...you and the page and the author do not clarify that on the page?

and lastly, why in the world would there be current updated postings of Epiosde 1 & 2 if one is to use ONLY episode 3

Again, it seems so crystal clear to you, but stupid-old (60 years for the record) me cannot figure why there are 3 files to choose one download from, the purpose of the other two being..?

I apologize for not being as intelligent as you guys who answered, but nonetheless, I still don't know the answer

So lets dumb-it-down (as Ernie Bushmiller, the creator of the minimalistic comic 'Nancy" used to say)

do you mean ONLY install episode 3...and ignore the 'current' postings of episode 1 & 2 (for whatever reason they are still there to confuse?)

...or do you mean one file PER EPISODE (1,2 & 3)?

thank you

ericjmz

In case you're not putting me on:

OK, Just install episode 1, or 2, or 3. Only one of them.

Ep. 1 just changes the vanilla kids. ( ones that are already in the game.)

Ep. 2 Changes vanilla kids & adds some kids to bandit camps, etc. & the kids will not be hostile.

Ep. 3 Does pretty much what Ep. 2 does but some bandit kids will be hostile and killable. They will calm down after the adult bandits are killed and some can be adopted.

So there it is, take your choice of the three, & this is as simple as I can make it.

BTW, You're a youngster to me.

NEVERMIND, MOD TAKEN DOWN...ALL GONE