Skyrim Special Edition Refuses to start (As do some other Steam Games)

Zaereck

Okay, let's look at your hardware. Please list your rig's stats including:

PSU: Model and wattage.

CPU: model and what speed it runs at. (And if are you overclocking manually or via your mobo's UEFI/BIOS.)

RAM: How much? Single or dual channel?

SSD: Model. How much capacity. How much room is left open at the moment. HD stats too while you're at it.

GPU: Model. How much VRAM does it have.

We'll see if something leaps out at us.

Ok dont know if this is the right thread or if it will even get seen but im having trouble with skyrim SE though yesterday morning it was perfectly fine. i load skyrim up (from any location even out of the steam app) it loads no problem but the second i hit "new" nope CTD every time, this is without mods just to clarify that, it also doesnt launch in full screen - or borderless - its slightly off screen - i have a two monitor set up and yes i disconnected my 2nd monitor to see if that worked you guessed it NOPE. After a clean fresh spanking new install when i launch the game (i know you dont actually need to be IN game to get your ini flies just the title menu) after i exit - clicking quit or just straight out CTD i go to docs my games skyrim SE and there are no ini files at all... ive uninstalled the game several times with no luck ive made sure the language was set to english as sometimes that could be the case (how i dont know) ive done the whole verify files solution again nope ive uninstalled steam and reinstalled, ive checked all my drivers are up to date (they are) ive made sure both skyrm.exe and the launcher.exe are NOT set to READ ONLY ive tried running both of them in compatibility mode ive tried every thing (atleast i think thats every thing) im not the type of person who normally asks for help (as you can probably tell with all the things ive tried) but im starting to think my PC doesnt like Skyrim anymore but if anyone can would be greatly appreciated.

This is also the case for oldrim as well or sometimes it lunches the game after clicking new game but only displays in the top left had corner in a little box.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

xxxAlexciaxxx

Edited by xXxalexciaxXx

I've been having this problem too . My other games are launching fine but SkyrimSE won't even start up at all.I've updated my drivers, set compatibility mode, and now my last gasp effort is to delete everything for a new install. I'm going to try the CCleaner method also, hopefully that works.I'm going to install FO4 also to see if I have any problems launching it from Steam.

I turned off the Steam cloud in my case. That worked for me with SSE not starting. Had something to do with my saves I guess, because they kept repopulating every time I deleted them. I'm never sure what to pick when that option comes up to upload to the cloud or download to my machine? I don't really need the cloud so Hasta La Vista Baby. I also did some maintenance like repairing the C++ 2015 distributable and installing Direct X from the SSE folders...I'm not sure if that worked or not because SSE still wouldn't launch, however it did eventually launch in offline mode. From what I can conclude it was the Steam cloud causing my headaches, because SSE is running fine now and not repopulating my saves folder with old saves I do not want. This is only a guess of course because I'm not a nuts and bolts computer guy. So if any super nerd out there can inform me on the Steam cloud and how it works with game data . Please go ahead and lay down your knowledge for this simpleton.

Also I set both launchers in SSE to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and run both as administrator. I don't use Windows 10 because it breaks my Sony Vegas, and my Fallout New Vegas. So I don't know if Windows 7 and the Steam cloud don't get along anymore? I dunno...it's 5:00 a.m. and I'm in my underwear...