Hoping for some good game recommendations

WastelandAssassin

Hi good people of the forums

I'm posting this hoping you could share some of your favorite games from the past decade or so , as I'm really looking for a new game to play

I usually play a lot of RPG style games . I've played Oblivion and Skyrim for too many hours to count , every Fallout game since 3 was released , all of the Mass Effects (though I gave up on Andromeda) and Dragon Age games

I also really like Action RPG games . I have played all the Dark Souls games , and recently played Dragon's Dogma which I really enjoyed

I play a lot of other types of games , like Hack n' Slash or even Strategy games , but I'm more inclined towards more action oriented games

I have yet to play Enderal or Morrowind (I'm waiting for the SE version of the first , and Skywind for the second)

and I'm so used to playing Bethesda games with mods that I need something different for the time being

so if you have any good recommendations of games , that are not too old mechanically (graphics are far less of an issue) , I would love to hear them

also keep in mind that I only own a PC , and no controller , so that does remove some ports of console games that don't have proper K+M control schemes

I would also appreciate a brief reasoning behind a recommendation , if possible . always nice to understand why someone recommends a game (or anything for that matter)

thanks in advance

WA

Edit : this request is relatively vague , with the intent that people will feel free to recommend games to one another , not strictly for me

so even if you don't think I'll enjoy a certain kind of game , please recommend it so that others may see this in the future

Edited by WastelandAssassin

If you haven't played Morrowind then I strongly suggest that you should play it, because it has depth and a good story in-game and there are lot of mods that can actually make Morrowind look good as it was a new game released yesterday.

Although, Morrowind is an old game, but it is still enough addictive for a player who have at least one time played Morrowind.

If you haven't played Morrowind then I strongly suggest that you should play it, because it has depth and a good story in-game and there are lot of mods that can actually make Morrowind look good as it was a new game released yesterday.

Although, Morrowind is an old game, but it is still enough addictive for a player who have at least one time played Morrowind.

yeah , I've been suggested Morrowind several times

I'm not 100% sure if I should wait for Skywind , or try Morroblivion which is already out

I don't have a lot of recommendations since you played most of the popular RPG games right now on the market.

But I can still give you some ( actually only three ) games that I personally like that are or related to the RPG genre :

- Dwarf Fortress , the game starts to become fun after 2400 hours of gameplay. Not but for real, it's a game that has pretty simple ASCII graphics and extremely complicated mechanics.

- Kingdom Come Deliverance , I've heard a lot of good stuff about this game, and it seems pretty fun. I don't know how's the story or if it's good, but the gameplay looks pretty dope.

- Black Desert Online , "MMO"RPG. I've personally purchased this game for the character creator ( Because I have a crappy PC ), people say that the game isn't fun anymore in 2018 because a lot of player reached the point where they are probably living gods. The game is usually despised because it's tagged as a P2W game, an you basically cannot surpass the top players anymore, whatever you do. BUT ! If you forget the "competitive" part of the game, and chill, and just play it for fun, there you go, you will enjoy playing it.

And that's all I can recommend, since you played 4 times more game than I ever played ;)