Error : "Failed to update Masterlist" and Vortex icon changed

DarkDominion

When I start up Vortex I get Failed to update Masterlist, and when I click more I get :

Error: Git operation failed. Details: -17; unknown certificate check failure: libgit2 error

at maybeWrapAsError (D:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:61:12)
at LootAsync.currentCallback (D:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\nodeback.js:38:50)
at LootAsync.handleResponse (D:\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:7914:14)
at ChildProcess.LootAsync.worker.on.args (D:\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:7876:49)
at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:194:7)
at process.nextTick (internal/child_process.js:766:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:73:7)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)
Also : the Vortex shortcut icon on my desktop ( the one that looks like a vortex ) has changed into a generic map icon like this
Same goes for the vortex.exe icon from update 13.3 in my Vortex folder, but not the "uninstall" .exe icon...
Cheers
-=DD=-
Edited by DarkDominion

* * * UPDATE * * *

read this

-------------------------
Also from LOOT :
"We are aware of the current issue, that masterlist's cannot be updated/downloaded, and are working on resolving the issue.
The issue likely is related to GitHub dropping weak cryptograhic standards and Windows 7 users may be affected. More information can be found here.
For a temporary fix I'll quote WrinklyNinja:
Otherwise, as a temporary workaround, you can disable masterlist updating in LOOT's settings, manually download the appropriate masterlist from one of LOOT's masterlist repositories, and put it at %LOCALAPPDATA%\LOOT\<game>\masterlist.yaml. The download link is
replacing skyrimse with the name of the appropriate masterlist repositories, which are listed on the LOOT organisation page.
EDIT:
Here's a better way to fix the issue.
Download and run Microsoft's fix program (scroll down to the blue Download button on the linked page).
Thank you for informing us. "
----------------------

QUOTE: Last year we announced the deprecation of several weak cryptographic standards. Then we provided a status update toward the end of last year outlining some changes we’d made to make the transition easier for clients. We quickly approached the February 1, 2018 cutoff date we mentioned in previous posts and, as a result, pushed back our schedule by one week. On February 8, 2018 we’ll start disabling the following:
TLSv1/TLSv1.1: This applies to all HTTPS connections, including web, API, and git connections to https://github.com and https://api.github.com.
diffie-hellman-group1-sha1: This applies to all SSH connections to github.com
diffie-hellman-group14-sha1: This applies to all SSH connections to github.com
We’ll disable the algorithms in two stages:
February 8, 2018 19:00 UTC (11:00 am PST): Disable deprecated algorithms for one hour
February 22, 2018 19:00 UTC (11:00 am PST): Permanently disable deprecated algorithms
-----------------------
@Tannin42 : please fix this ( or ask LOOT to fix this )
Edited by DarkDominion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

im having this happen to windows 10 and if i try to play skyrim it never stops loading is there a fix???

Please provide more detail about your problem using the following link as a guide: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/

• 5 weeks later...