Good specs for modded Skyrim on laptop

Dxpanda11

Hello, so i'm currently looking for a laptop to play fully modded skyrim, and dark souls 1, 2 and 3 without much frame drop.

And my budget is $1300 nzd

Im looking to buy the MSI GP62 Leopard Pro, here are the specs

-7th gen i7 7700HQ

-Windows 10 home

-16gb of DDR4 memory

-Nivida Geforce gtx 1060 3gb

-256gb Nvme SSD

-1tb hard drive

And im not sure if it would run skyrim with 2k texture mods and ENB's and over 140 more mods.

I don't know much about laptops as I really don't like them and cannot see them as gaming machines, even with a 24" monitor plugged in.

But my 2012 Desktop has:

i7 2600K 3.40 GHz overclocked @3.8 GHz

Win 7 HP 64 bit

only 8 GB of RAM

256 SSD for the OS and game

2 TB drive for storage

I had a Radeon HD7970, but it broke down after 5 years so now I have the GTX 1060 like you.

Skyrim Legendary runs just fine with over 100 Mods, although I do not like ENB and don't go too much for graphics overhauls, but I do tweak the ini files for grids and shadows etc.

I really don't know if Skyrim SE is more demanding as I never got round to upgrading. I don't like all that Creation Club nonsense that comes with it.

I think your main problem will be cooling. Skyrim can run very hot, although the NVidea runs a lot cooler than the Radeon. I still use MSI Afterburner to control the fans from 30% max speed at 30ºC and increment by +1% fan speed per ºC rise in temperature. Otherwise, the card could reach 95ºC in minutes. Running at 44ºC is much safer.

But I find that a general rule of thumb is:

Ignore the minimum specs for the game.

Look at the recommended specs, and if your system is a lot better than that, it should play the game fine.

But you'll probably soon get a reply from a laptop boffin.

Cheers!