EGM and coalesced editor problem

gmg2dave

Just started a new playthrough of ME3 and have installed some dlc files and such including the latest version of Expanded Galaxy Map, which I am definitely enjoying, but I have noticed that when I use the coalesced editor to make some changes to a few weapons that my game crashes upon entering the armor choice menu upon starting a mission. Tried it with several different missions and each end with the same result, I get to the armor choice screen, hit save and exit and my game crashes. Reverting to the vanilla coalesced.bin file fixes the problem but of course makes the changes I want to make impossible to do.

So is there some way to make this work, or is it an either/or thing where I can use EGM or an edited coalesced.bin file but not both.

Would have asked this on the EGM mod page, but the comments are locked, so I figured I'd ask here, thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

EGM overrides Coalesced.bin. You'll have to edit EGM dlc .bin file;

All ME3 main game weapon properties are stored in Coalesced.bin / bioweapon file;
All ME3 DLC weapon properties are stored in Default_DLC_(DLC NAME).bin / bioweapon file (in each DLC folder);
DLC_UPD_Patch02 overrides several parameters of base game and other DLC weapons - copy your edited Coalesced.bin values to this DLC.

And to EGM

------------------------------------
ME3 Weaponry tweaks - look description and readme file;

How to edit DLC:

- Open DLC folder
- Decompile DLC`s .bin
- Delete DLC`s .bin
- Open decompiled DLC folder > Open file that you want to edit in Notepad++
- Open default base game Coalesced`s / default DLC`s folder
- Decompile .bin(s)
- Open file that you want to edit in Notepad++
- Use Nodepad++ Compare plugin
- In default file select desired code line(s) > paste it to my DLC file / or edit value(s) there
- Save file(s)
- Compile DLC
- Delete decompiled DLC bin folder
- ME3 Explorer / ME3 Mod Manager run AutoTOC utility
/reload ME3 MM/

• 1 year later...

Hello Arjed,

I've done everything you said, decompiling Default_DLC_MOD_EGM.bin and edit all the xml files needed to match exactly the values of my new coalesced.bin (I've deleted each conflicting entry in the Default_DLC_MOD_EGM.bin because modifying them didn't work either) then recompiled everything + paste in the game folder and replace + autococ. When I delete the whole mod folder, the coalesced values apply properly and when I paste again the folder in the game folder (the game works) but new coalesced.bin values don't.

Is there anything else I must check in order to keep EGM and new values in the coalesced.bin ?

Thanks by advance ;)