VORTEX - PROBLEM WITH CONFLICTS RESOLUTION

slowman87

Hello, is it just me? or there is a problem with the conflict resolution. For example:

-I'm using noble skyrim, that includes road textures, but I don't want those road textures.

-Also im using Skyrim 2017- road textures by pfuscher, those are the textures I prefer (SO THEY CONFLICT)

-I set that Skyrims 2017 textures have to be loaded AFTER Noble skyrim textures, but inside the game, it keeps loading the "Noble" textures.

Im I doing something wrong? or this is a bug? thanks for any help.

Mods overwrite in the order they are installed. After installing, If you add a rule to load after, then you have to redeploy for the changes to take effect. There are buttons on the toolbar at the top: Purge removes the installed mods, and Deploy reinstalls the mods according to the order you specify by creating Load after rules.

I had a similar issue with mountain textures and some meshes. I just make sure to install things in the order I want rather than rely on Vortex to deploy them properly.

Really annoying though since the point of a mod manager is so I don't need to do that. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I understand, yesterday I tried like this, but it didn't work, the only solution was to reinstall de mod, like in old nexus MM, so this way the mod is overwriting the older installed mods.

One thing Vx doesn’t always do well is give feedback when it’s doing something or when it’s finished. Did you wait a bit after Purging or immediately Deploy? I’m not sure if these ops are queued or if they can be left incomplete. But I’d try purging and then after a short wait examine your data directory to see if it looks clean. There are occasional bugs where it doesn’t clean up properly after a purge. I’m also unclear on whether deploying on a dirty data dir will overwrite existing links? I wish we had another more aggressive purge option.

Mods overwrite in the order they are installed. After installing, If you add a rule to load after, then you have to redeploy for the changes to take effect. There are buttons on the toolbar at the top: Purge removes the installed mods, and Deploy reinstalls the mods according to the order you specify by creating Load after rules.

I really appreciate your comments simsrw73 about redeploying the mods after dealing with dependencies. I did not know that and by reading your post I was able to use your advise and now my load order is much better than before. Thanks so much for helping. :geek:

After any change of mods with conflicts you should purge mods and deploy again. Make sure to enable plugins and manually run sorting after, since purge/deploy cycle desablesthem all. Also, if you have disabled mods (ald if you use bash you have) you'll also have to make sure they are disabled (recreating bashed patch is recommended). Note, that you should not run bash with vortex. Exit vortex, run bash, then run wortex after you done with bash. Vortex locks files so bash can't work with them properly.

I understand, yesterday I tried like this, but it didn't work, the only solution was to reinstall de mod, like in old nexus MM, so this way the mod is overwriting the older installed mods.

One thing Vx doesn’t always do well is give feedback when it’s doing something or when it’s finished. Did you wait a bit after Purging or immediately Deploy? I’m not sure if these ops are queued or if they can be left incomplete. But I’d try purging and then after a short wait examine your data directory to see if it looks clean. There are occasional bugs where it doesn’t clean up properly after a purge. I’m also unclear on whether deploying on a dirty data dir will overwrite existing links? I wish we had another more aggressive purge option.

When Vortex is doing something there'll always be a notification shown, such as when it's deploying mods. I haven't had any issues with them not showing up when something is happening personally. I'm not sure what was going on in OP's case though, to be honest. It's more likely that he set his rules incorrectly than anything else.

After any change of mods with conflicts you should purge mods and deploy again. Make sure to enable plugins and manually run sorting after, since purge/deploy cycle desablesthem all. Also, if you have disabled mods (ald if you use bash you have) you'll also have to make sure they are disabled (recreating bashed patch is recommended). Note, that you should not run bash with vortex. Exit vortex, run bash, then run wortex after you done with bash. Vortex locks files so bash can't work with them properly.

Purging your mods is only necessary if you need to get back to a clean data directory. Vortex should automatically deploy any changes you've made. If it doesn't, make sure to file a bug report.

OOOooooo! Thank you for this. Good stuff.