Northern Springs Worldspace DLC. pt. 1

jshrapnelc

Hah, what a coincidence, I've been playing a lot with R4-04 as a companion as well. Yes, they will have quests. One is tied into the main quest. Others are optional and unlockable. It's using the vanilla system. Whether or not I'll expand upon that later on, I have no idea yet.

As suggested: NPCs react to what you do in Northern Springs. However, Trappers won't be added because this mod doesn't require any of the DLCs. It uses all it's own assets so nothing gets tangled in with other mods :smile:

All I ask of people is to tell others about it, and this forum topic. Share the videos, get people interested if they want to see at least a 40%+ increase to their exploration grounds outside of the Commonwealth. I don't plan to stop doing this. NS is my baby.

It will be an ESM when released making it fully modular to future expansion.

I watched the video, I really like the part about the job progression. I hope that at some point there will be a silent reputation system accrued from jobs completed.

Locals should comment if you are an accomplished bounty hunter, or if you have turned in a bunch of deathclaw hands and hides, some trappers and hunters should take notice of a fellow skilled huntsman. It makes the world feel much more alive, and I think it is one of the things Bethesda tries to do, but only halfheartedly.

Here is the dialogue in action:

20180628232547_1.jpg

20180628232540_1.jpg

And the terminal logging your statistics in the location:

If you have a bounty on your head, certain NPCs will follow you periodically and try to kill you and your group.

20180627222837_1.jpg

Edited by jshrapnelc

I just watched a few videos and I'm impressed with how much of the worldspace you have built already. The gauntlet was pretty hilarious.

Anyhow, I have been wondering if the towns will have social spaces where npcs will socialize and talk gossip about current events. This is not a high priority thing, it's probably best to prioritize the worldspace and quests first, but it will make the towns a lot more engaging down the road.

I'm just going to make up a scenario here of a some gossip between two npcs in town that reflects current events. Let's say someone put out a bounty on those bandits infesting that bridge with the gauntlet and you fulfilled it...

Bob: Hey... If you are going to take that northern route through the bridge, now would be a good time.

Fred: You tryn'a get rid of me?

Bob: No. Some bountyhunter from the 'wealth just rolled into town a while ago and had a short chat with Lenny. Now a whole crew of bandits are taking dirtnaps, and the way is clear again.

Fred: Damn, that's the best news we've had in months. I'ma check with the folks in town, so ya better not be yankin my chain.

Just tad bits of dialogue like this, doesn't even have to be too complex, would make the world a much more lively place.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Looks like you got everything covered from here. At some point, you should probably push something out to the youtubers and streamers. They love content, and have a dedicated following that is still playing the game.

Btw, roughly where geographically, is this world space based on?