Player placed Mines explode twice as quick.

JackRob

Question is: Is there a setting I can change that fixes the following scenario?

In Fallout 4, it seems that mines that the player throws down have their countdown cut in half, as opposed to mines that can be encountered naturally in the wastes (which uses the full timer found in the mine's respective projectile). For me this provides an unfair advantage for the player. I have already searched the Game Settings and Perk Entries for a setting referencing "mine", but came up empty.

How to debug this:

The first thing to do, would be to increase the timer by 5 times or something like that and test again ingame.

How long does it take till the player mine explodes?

How long does it take till the wild mind explodes?

Did both increase or just only one? If both increase, you can assume, that there is a setting somewhere that modifies it. If not, you can assume that they are totally different and independent from each other.

My assumption:

Also, check the mines that are placed within the world. They are probably totally different from the ones you assume. They are also probably handled by a script. You can also check for activate triggers. Bear traps also have two different independent activate triggers. One for random placed ones and one for player placed. Its looks like the same ingame, but its not.

Edited.

I've done a little more testing as you suggested.

I've extended the timer to 10 seconds, and compared the mines found naturally near Cambridge Police Station and the mines that the player would throw down. I ran up to the ones near Cambridge and they detonated after 10 seconds. I then placed a mine near some feral ghouls, which explodes after barely a second. I then get the idea to let the ghouls trigger the natural mines near Cambridge, and low and behold, the mine explodes after barely a second. I then decide to place a generally friendly npc near the mine, namely a regular minuteman, and again the mine blows up instantly.

Conclusion: Mines seem to only use the set timer found in the mine's "projectile" if the character detected is the Player. Otherwise it seems to use a rather quick detonation time for everyone else.

Not sure what setting could affect this, as I can't seem to find anything obvious that would do this, but with this new info from this testing I now have some new leads that I'll look into. So thanks for the suggestion.