Kingdom Come Style Weapons, Armor, and Combat Mechanics

Tenebris86

Mostly the title. I know that taking resources from Kingdom Come breaches something, but inspired options would be awesome. The feel of weapon weight, the effectiveness of armor, and the methods of ability to change the type of weapon attack based on mouse positioning are utterly fantastic. I cannot imagine how much work it would take to implement all of this into Skyrim, and would probably be on the level of an overhaul mod, but would add so much playability and difficulty to the game that I think is lacking.

I recognize that a couple of mods exist that accomplish aspects of the above, or try to institute realism, but I think the most important thing the Kingdom Come offers is the idea that Armor actually protects its wearer. In my experience, most realism mods focus on a single blow killing someone to emphasize the deadliness of weapons, rather than showing how a person in plate armor is very difficult to take down due to the sturdiness of their defenses. The balance is off.

If there are mods that accomplish the above, please feel free to point them out. It is easy to miss them with the mass of mods out there, and I have been away from Skyrim for some time. Regardless, I am fairly certain that no mod exists which might replicate the combat system.

• 1 month later...

It's not currently possible with Skyrim, as it would require a completely different physics engine to capture the type of collisions that exist in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. The best you could probably get in Skyrim is something like Mount & Blade: Warband, where the positioning of your block comes into factor, but not on such an advanced level. In Mount & Blade, they can either hit you by aiming above you for an overhead swing, beside you for a side swipe, or below you for a stab, and you would have to be aiming your block according to where their strike is coming from.

Try Wildcat Combat combined with True Armor. Just be sure to turn off attribute modifiers for both PC and NPC in the True Armor MCM, otherwise it's likely you'll get a conflict with Wildcat.

I've been using this combination for a while now, and it gives combat and armor a much more realistic feel. What weapon you use is no longer just about how much damage it does, but also how effective it is verses armor.

Edited by RedDog6911