[Fallout 4 CK] Can't Make new Objects?

FallenDanish

Hey all,

So I recently jumped back into modding because I thought it'd be cool to bundle up one of my previous mods (Wasteland Chems and Food) with a sort of "dealer" system where NPCs will buy drugs off of you in bulk. Think De Luca in the generator room of 81, but instead of one at a time, all you have at once.

Well, my original issue was getting the NPC to speak to me period; it seemed like no matter what I did he wouldn't speak to me. After sitting on that issue for a while, I had an idea in mind to fix it (Priority change) but now... I can't even create a new object and start fresh with it. It's so strange.

If I click, say, a voice object to make a new one (right click -> new) it does nothing. No window pops up, no errors, nothing. I've tried making new NPCs, weapons, items, voice lines, quests... every time I click 'New' in the drop menu, nothing happens.

Full uninstall and reinstall, ini wipes, etc. nothing's worked.

You guys have any ideas?

Here is a quick video I captured of the issue happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_L8K2YiQkE&feature=youtu.be

Thanks,

FD

Edited by FallenDanish

I think the problem is that you are trying to create the new object from the search result view.

Try expanding to the right folder/category and make sure the category is highlighted and then right click and choose New from the list panel

Eg. CreationKit need to know what 'type/'/form of object you want to create. I think it gets that info from the category you have selected. When you are searching it just displays an 'all types' list

Edited by thousande

I think the problem is that you are trying to create the new object from the search result view.

Try expanding to the right folder/category and make sure the category is highlighted and then right click and choose New from the list panel

Eg. CreationKit need to know what 'type/'/form of object you want to create. I think it gets that info from the category you have selected. When you are searching it just displays an 'all types' list

Yeah, that works.

That's so strange; previously, I was able to make new objects from the searches. This makes things more tedious as I don't know exactly where everything is in the Fallout4.esm, but at least I can actually work with it now. Thank you.

Edited by FallenDanish