Translate Location Names That Have Been Changed By Mod

mhx565

Hello.

I have a mod 'Purity' installed which changes the location name Weißlauf to Whiterun.

When I deactivate the mod, Whiterun goes back to Weißlauf which is good.

So the question is, how should I proceed to change the location names that have been altered by mods?

Is it possible to create some kind of translation .txt file that 'Purity' would consider as a valid translation mod?

Or should I use Tes5Edit for that kind of stuff?

Help me out, people!

Much obliged.

Okay. So how do I look for conflicts?

I searched for 'Whiterun' in Editor ID menu but it seems too much to understand what I should change.

I gave it a random try and changed one 'Whiterun' to my version. It did not however change a thing in the game.

There is a solution to this problem which is neat.

First of all, you need a software ESP-ESM Translator that lets you translate everything the mod covers.

Uninstall the mod you are trying to translate using your mod manager.

Then, open up your .esp file of a given mod and translate phrases that pop up in a different language.

Save after the new .esp and overwrite the one in a mod (which should be stored in an archive).

Install the mod again and voila!

P.S. it is possible to do that in TES5Edit but it is more cumbersome. For example, Whiterun pops up twice in a mod (weather and worldscape sections) but I only changed one in TES5Edit which obviously was not enough.

Anyway, hope that helps others!