Late improvement topic

HellKnightX88

So I previously posted about a list of improvements I was making as I was using Vortex and that I was going to post but then I got hit by the Flu, KCD came out and I decided to give XCOM 2 a try. But here it is... late, but it's here.

1. Tagging mods

Basically let us create new tags and assign them to mods and let use filter via said tags. This would make managing mods easier because currently a mod can only have one category and being able to assign multiple mods with our own tags would mean we can basically create custom groupings with mods without influencing asset load order (a problem with some users of MO).

2. Show content icons similar to how MO did.

Pretty self explanatory. In MO you could view at a quick glance if a mod contained scripts, BSAs, textures etc. This is more focused on TES/FO games.

3 Fetch mod metadata bug/improvement: happens when importing from MO, mod ID is correct but metadata such as description (viewable when doubleclicking the mod in the list) is not fetched
Also an option/button to fetch metadata for file downloaded manually would be awesome (sometimes I would download a mod manually and place it in Vortex's download directory).

4. Try to convert from MO versioning of A.B.C.D to A.B.C when applicable when importing.

5. If I reinstall a mod maybe keep it's status (active/inactive)? Not too sure about this one because I have a feeling there's probably a good reason to keep in inactive.

6. Notify when attempting to download duplicate files (file with the same name exists in the DL folder) instead of creating one with a new name

7. Filter for installed downloads in the downloads tab.

8. Open in explorer button when opening the right hand details pane (double-click) of a mod

9. Selecting/copying text in installer menus/windows (sometimes they contain a list of mods and I have to check which items on that list I have installed etc.)

10. Advanced option: pick folder/mod name when installing

11. Easy way of finding out to what mod an ESP belongs to. I may be missing something here but AFAIK there's no way of telling quickly.

12. Support for icon files when picking an image/exe for an application

13. Search box in the Extensions tab

14. Load rules should be changeable/removeable from both ends.

If mod A has a rule to be set before mod B then its opposite rule would be implicit on mod B, it implicitly has a rule to be loaded after A. Would be nice to be able to edit this "implicit rule" and have it affect the actual rule from mod A (would get rid of the direct cyclic dependency error between only 2 mods)

15. Export and import mod/plugin list load status.

Let us make a backup of our loaded mods/plugins before we start fidling with them. Less hassle than having to switch between profiles (MO2 did this and it was very neat).

Some(if not all) of these can be implemented as extensions so this thread should be a good source for feedback for said extensions going forward.