Using fade to blacks with an enb

Hi everyone!

My custom-voiced follower I'm working on makes extensive use of fade-to-blacks for scenes where you train him in combat. This is done with ImageSpace Modifiers.

However, it has come to my attention that enbs generally disable ImageSpace Modifiers from working, which means that if you use an enb, he simply stares at you while speaking his lines when the fade-out should be happening. As many people use enbs, I would like to try and come up with a workaround/failsafe so that this does not happen.

I have tried using Game.FadeOutGame as an alternative, but this does not hold the screen black once the fade-out is finished - it simply flicks straight back to full brightness as soon as the fade is complete.

Even an abrupt cut-to-black would be preferable to no fade happening at all, but my research has not suggested a way to do this. Does anyone have any bright ideas? :smile:

Thanks!

It's probably the same reason why night vision powers don't work with ENB's, the way they are rendered in game is overridden by the ENB. Fades should work if your enbeffects.ini has "Apply Game Color Correction=true", but that slightly changes the ENB's look. Besides that, I don't know any way to force a fade to black with an ENB, unless you somehow draw a giant black square on top of the player screen. I use an ENB myself, and I've seen a couple of mods that have the same problem, but I don't care much. I find fades quite annoying when they happen frequently.

• 1 year later...

Hah! Yes I definately noticed when Lucien stopped fading when I taught him skills! Now I know ENB is the culprit. I value him more than the ENB, so away it goes. If you do find a solution, please let us poor users know.

• 1 year later...