NMM your fallout4custom.ini is not configured corrently

Angardia

• 5 months later...

Are you sure that in your Fallout4.ini, under the [Archive] tab you have the following lines?

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

(if the last one has anything after "=" you can remove it, those old entries "strings/etc" are no longer needed)

Well, this is stupid, the message (which I'm also getting) AND the documentation both say to add the lines to Fallout4Custom.ini... not Fallout4.ini...

Since custom ini overwrites fallout4 ini would it matter if you had it in both? Also just a note, the link the error message gives you goes to a malware site.

Just a little disclaimer I recently started modding FO4, I don't have the experience or common sense for problem solving that the community has developed over the years.

I attempted to launch fallout 4 with F4SE, steam prevented the launch to do some kind of update. My steam settings are set to only update on launch, I launch with F4SE Loader shortcut on desktop, but it wasn't a version update guessing steam cloud or some type of sync. (sorry wasn't paying attention)

The original launch window before game showed (helmet pic).

I exited the window and launched again with F4SE this time in game I was missing custom menu and display settings but it seems the .esm, and .esl files were still working.

But when i attempted to reinstall a mod I got the "fallout4custom.ini not configured etc." pop up. and just like in Angardia picture I had that fallout4custom.nmm_backup file (that I don't recall being there before. Maybe it was.)

I tried to rearrange my fallout4.ini as others have with display beneath archive and it did not fix the problem.

Conclusion: Steam rewrote something and nmm doesn't like it. :) Wow right? (I warned you)

For now Im going to try to get my custom display settings back, I would appreciate any help one could provide.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I love how none of the responses are for what was being asked. I am having the same issue though, been modding for years, FO4 for a long ass time too. I have deleted and reinstalled the game maybe 20+ time over the last few years and am well versed in what I'm doing. My INI's are right, but the last two installs I've done for the game and re-initiating NMM with it have had this message popping up.

Again the INI's are correct and as they should be. I've done this enough to know. But the message keeps showing up even though it's all 110% functional in game.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Having same problem as everyone else, also for the sResourceDataDirsFinal = thing, do I have to change it within fallout4custom.ini or would I just do it under fallout4.ini cause I have seen both file types pop up and I am confused about it. Never even touched the ini files before either other than with Steam's version of FO3 which I was told not to get since it doesn't work on steam but it does with some other website though, but anyways, back to the topic at hand. for my sResourceDataDirsFinal= thing, does anyone else who hasn't done anything with it see a "STRINGS/" with "sResourceDataDirsFinal= STRINGS/" at all and is it supposed to be there or is there not supposed to be anything after the = like with what the posts before have said? Also out of all of the ini files that I have checked I never saw the bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1 at all either. Also I think I saw this one comment from somewhere but the link that the message with the "fallout4custom.ini not configured and whatnot" appears, the person said that the link sends you to a website for Malware or something like that, and I am also wondering why they haven't fixed that problem as well.

Edited by shadowhunter56

• 6 months later...