Bookcases in the or next to the smithing areas...

popvirus2

You know, after seeing all the mods coming out that requires you to hold a book in order to make the armor (at least 20), I would like to make a request for a mod that would place book shelve(s) every where there is a forge....well at least at the hearthfire homes and the player homes too...

Could it be simple or hard?

there has to be an easy way maybe even using the static placement mod...wow...just thought about it...I think I can do it myself...well, not make a mod, but for my own use...

I seem kinda lost in space huh...roflmao...

have a great day....and if someone would make a great mod for the community, I would gladly support it .....

Thanks for any response(s)

Just a note...in the future when I learn to make mods, I am going to make one of my band ... plain old 60's-70's crying in your beer or happy dancing honkytonk music...not trying to sell anything but there are about 4 CDs I can use the music from...most of the originals...

"Now that would be a sight to see" as Alvor would say...

Out of curiosity, what mods require you to hold a book in order to make an armor piece? Maybe I'm behind the times but that seems an impractical requirement.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4853

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13742

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14245

these are in my game now an there are about 20 or so books

Out of curiosity, what mods require you to hold a book in order to make an armor piece? Maybe I'm behind the times but that seems an impractical requirement.

It isn't an impractical requirement. It is a technique used to prevent crafting menu clutter. Without the book, those recipes do not show. Thus the player can put the book away when crafting other items and pick up the book when wanting to craft items from the mod. Downside is that when they have the book, the crafting menu is cluttered. But better to be cluttered only when wanted than all the time.

It isn't an impractical requirement. It is a technique used to prevent crafting menu clutter. Without the book, those recipes do not show. Thus the player can put the book away when crafting other items and pick up the book when wanting to craft items from the mod. Downside is that when they have the book, the crafting menu is cluttered. But better to be cluttered only when wanted than all the time.

Bingo.....that's what I'm saying....the cluttered menu

And that is why I made the request....

I added the mod that allows move/add furniture and am going to see if I can place a bookshelf next to the forge in Silian manor by LD...will say if it works or not....

Ah I see. So is it an actual book, or more like a pamphlet with no weight? It's really too bad we can't just make the menu itself better rather than making these workarounds.

I have been playing around with the placeable objects mod and am sure once I learn to use it, I can place a chest or something next to the forge for safe keeping...

by the way, each book has the weight of one pound and they are books, not notes...

have a great day...