NMM not installing mods correctly

Zurii54

I started using NMM yesterday and successfully installed a few mods, such as SkyUI, Immersive Armours and SkyBirds. However, NMM for some reason doesn't install the files for other mods, namely Enhanced Character Edit and many of the texture mods (e.g. Fine Face Textures for Men). It shows the mods as installed on the Nexus, but they do not work in game and when I search for the files, 80% of them haven't been unzipped at all, let alone put in the correct folder (although the folders have been created, they're just completely empty).

Is this a problem with NMM? Or are there other issues I could be dealing with?

Edit; managed to get ECE working after a LOT of fanagling and reinstalling manually. Same with Total Character Makeover. But the point still stands that NMM did not install these correctly on it's own.

Edited by Zurii54

NMM always works for installing mods, from my experience, as long as the mod has been packaged properly. Are you also using NMM to download the mod? I've never done that. Maybe that can cause issues. I manually download every mod to a local mods folder, then install from the local copy. There is some limit to how large a mod NMM will download, but the mods you mention are small.

NMM always works for installing mods, from my experience, as long as the mod has been packaged properly. Are you also using NMM to download the mod? I've never done that. Maybe that can cause issues. I manually download every mod to a local mods folder, then install from the local copy. There is some limit to how large a mod NMM will download, but the mods you mention are small.

I've tried both downloading them with NMM and downloading them manually then finding the packaged files with NMM. It just doesn't seem to like taking files that are more than one or two folders deep in the zip file. It's very strange.