Modding Issues

raehafedvgbaer

First off I'm pretty new to modding. I'm not doing anything crazy and I only have about 20 mods loaded in NMM. I've done everything I can think of to fix a problem that I don't even know how to identify. I've modded the old Skyrim plenty of times with no issues, especially not anything like I'm having now. I've got all the mods activated, all the plugins are enabled, all the mods have put data into my Skyrim SE folder, bur no matter what I seem to do, when I load up my game, absolutely none of my mods work. None of my plugins show up in LOOT either. I've looked somewhat extensively on the forums for something like this but i can't find anything. My mod order looks like this:

GameMode=SkyrimSE
Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp=1
Unique Uniques.esp=1
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp=1
SkyUI_SE.esp=1
AKSkyrimUnderground.esp=1
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - Skyrim.esp=1
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
Point The Way.esp=1
Phenderix Magic Evolved.esp=1
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp=1
Open Cities Skyrim.esp=1
Mortal Enemies.esp=1
More Weapons Please.esp=1
more idle markers.esp=1
Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
BosmerArmorMATY743.esp=1
Ars Metallica.esp=1
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp=1
I saw something that said if there are no * before the mod, it is not active. None of them have that obviously but I don't know what I need to do in order to make it active/show up. I'm sorry if this is painfully simple and I'm just ignorant, but I'm sick of sitting around staring at my NMM wondering what I haven't tried and thinking I shouldn't post about it because some mod will get mad that there is some post that covers it already somewhere.

This isn't gonna to help us much without knowning what you did and when it happen, I mean exactly where were you, in a ruin or is it outside in the game world or in one of the major cities (Markath, Solitude, Whiterun, Windhelm).

The mods never started working. I pretty much bought the game, downloaded it, launched it once, and tried modding it. I even tried removing all the mods, playing through the tutorial and then adding them again. Nothing worked.

2 things I can think of:

1) Try to configure the paths again at settings

2) Are you sure the plugins are activated with a tick to the left?

I reinstalled NMM so that it's on the same drive as my Skyrim download, and changed the files to look in the new location. The mods are all in there and yes i'm sure they're all checked off since that was one of the things I saw people didn't do while scrolling through the forums for answers.

Can you see the esps inside your Skyrim/Data folder? As far as I know, Nexus Mod Manager stores the mod files in a separated folder, but makes a hard link to the game data folder. If something is wrong, the mods may not be properly linked. It's quite weird tho. Are you absolutely sure the mods are not working? Some of them are not noticeable until you advance in the game. It may also be a problem with Archive Invalidation, but I think SSE doesn't need that.

Can you see the esps inside your Skyrim/Data folder? As far as I know, Nexus Mod Manager stores the mod files in a separated folder, but makes a hard link to the game data folder. If something is wrong, the mods may not be properly linked. It's quite weird tho. Are you absolutely sure the mods are not working? Some of them are not noticeable until you advance in the game. It may also be a problem with Archive Invalidation, but I think SSE doesn't need that.

I'm fairly sure. the "skip Bethesda opening" was to test this quickly. I've also loaded into the game and seen that none of the skill trees have changed, nor are there sheathes for weapons, additional armors, or additional spells in my game. The mods are in my Skyrim/data folder as well as the NMM one. I'm not sure if the problem comes from them both being there or what but I'm quite certain that none of them are working.

This isn't gonna to help us much without knowning what you did and when it happen, I mean exactly where were you, in a ruin or is it outside in the game world or in one of the major cities (Markath, Solitude, Whiterun, Windhelm).

The mods never started working. I pretty much bought the game, downloaded it, launched it once, and tried modding it. I even tried removing all the mods, playing through the tutorial and then adding them again. Nothing worked.

Then don't use NMM as long you have an issue. Just my 2 cents.

Looking for help and possible "Misery Loves Company" opinions. My Problem:

• Getting CTD's randomly but most anytime I talk with an Innkeeper when I hit [TAB] to exit the conversation.
  • Doesn't happen when looking at inventory, powers, etc.
  • Using Win 10, MO2, Skyrim SE, SKSE 64, and SkyUI
  • I've done a Merged Patch and a Bashed Patch
  • A moderate number of Mods ~ 120
  • I've tried eliminating mods until problem stops but no luck yet with any one mod. Will keep evaluating.

Just wanted to check to see if anyone has had a similar problem and if so, how they fixed.

Edit: Figured it out. I ported "Facelight Plus" from Skyrim Legendary following everything I've read on how to do it. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, the Conversation Light causes the game to CTD. So I simply deactivated the mod.

Thanks