Auto Update didn't and crashed

simsrw73

Had Vortex running and saw the new release on git. Moved around a bit in Vortex to see if it recognized the update or only detects on startup. Apparently, the latter.

Restarted Vortex. Got notification of update and clicked on the "Restart and Install" button in the notification. It didn't do anything. I restarted Vortex and it displayed a UAC dialog which I authorized and then it disappeared and nothing. No processes launched. No Vortex. No message of any kind.

I started Vortex again and got a crash on the Morrowind plugin which I reported. Restarted again with same error. Accepted option to disable Morrowind plugin and restarted again.

Now I'm in Vortex but get notification errors: 1) Timeout to nexusmods.com, 2) Timeout to Nexus API.

About screen does show 0.13.4.

How is auto update working for everyone else?

After several restarts the Timeout errors went away and I'm logged in now.

UPDATE: Sometimes I can get in. Sometimes it times out.

BTW, is there a mechanism in Vortex for reenabling the Morrowind plugin that I disabled? Not that I have Morrowind installed at the moment.

After several restarts the Timeout errors went away and I'm logged in now.

UPDATE: Sometimes I can get in. Sometimes it times out.

BTW, is there a mechanism in Vortex for reenabling the Morrowind plugin that I disabled? Not that I have Morrowind installed at the moment.

After restarting Vortex a couple of times I am getting a API error as well sometimes.

And yeah just go to the extensions tab on the left bar, but re enabling it will give you the error again.

And yeah just go to the extensions tab on the left bar, but re enabling it will give you the error again.

D'oh. Thanks. Got in a hurry. I knew I'd seen that. I forgot I had flipped Advanced mode off earlier when testing and I forgot to turn it back on.

all my F4 mods dissapeared from drive after 13.4 update (Vortex installed on other place then default)

Did you previously use the custom installer, where Vortex was installed to a different drive or location? And then today, the Auto Update installed to "C:\Program Files\" ?

all my F4 mods dissapeared from drive after 13.4 update (Vortex installed on other place then default)

Did you previously use the custom installer, where Vortex was installed to a different drive or location? And then today, the Auto Update installed to "C:\Program Files\" ?

Yea custom installer on different drive, then after update something was token about creating local storage on AppData, then all mods wipe out from drive Vortex Installed