Login Issues

jasonmorsley

No idea where my reply went: I am having the same issue, clicking the Login button in Vortex does not do anything. Tried several browsers, setting my default browser, logging in and out before starting Vortex, rebooting the PC.

Shame.

• 1 month later...

same issue as jasonmorsley's , just wont let me log in, W 7, chrome version Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) , Vortex 0.14.3, chrome is and alway's has been my default browser for years. done admim, restarts, reinstalls. AU nbn-telstra.

I had had problems with login to nexusmods site. I had typed valid login and password but it hadn't loged me in. I made it.Today I log in with success. Did it repair with others? Firefox is my default browser always. Firefox 60.0.1 64bit.

• 4 months later...

If it's not authorising, are you blocking any scripts or anything in your browser? Are you confirming the authorisation within 30 seconds of the window opening?

What happens is Vortex opens an SSO connection with Nexus Mods and waits for a reply. The reply is generated when you click the button on the website.

It's possible it timed out or maybe the SSO connection is being blocked by your AV or something?

It's also possible the website failed to connect, but that's usually a temporary issue.

If it's not authorising, are you blocking any scripts or anything in your browser? Are you confirming the authorisation within 30 seconds of the window opening?

What happens is Vortex opens an SSO connection with Nexus Mods and waits for a reply. The reply is generated when you click the button on the website.

It's possible it timed out or maybe the SSO connection is being blocked by your AV or something?

It's also possible the website failed to connect, but that's usually a temporary issue.

There is no authorization box popping up on my browser. It just says unable to verify the first certificate

There is no authorization box popping up on my browser. It just says unable to verify the first certificate

Interesting. Could you provide us with a screenshot when that happens?

Does it happen consistently for you?

Hey guys you keep complaining about not being able to login, I installed and re-installed Vortex 3 times and it won't even open lol. I click on the icon, the little circle appears ie Windows is trying to open it, and then... nothing. No splash screen, no nothing. I'm honestly baffled, I'm unable to login in NMM now and will probably try to switch over to MO.

I FIXED MINE!

Step 1 - Change default browser to Edge and log in (It will)
Step 2 - do the Chrome fix (Make sure Chrome is NOT active) ya it will tell you no changes necessary (Fake news LOL)
Step 2 -Log out of VORTEX

Step 3 - OPTIONAL change your default browser back to Chrome if you wish

I now have been in and out of Vortex several times with chrome !

PS you do need to be logged into the nexus website prior to trying to logging in with Vortex

I GOT IT MINE FIXED

1) Changed default server to Edge

2) Logged into Nexus website

3) Fired up VORTEX it logged in

4) Did the option in VORTEX for Chrome fix (Said no changes necessary - Fake News LOL - (Make sure Chrome is NOT active)

5) Logged out of Vortex
6) Set my default browser back to chrome

Fixed been in and out of vortex several times now and downloaded some mods

Sorry for double post didn't think my 1st one took