Do not put mods/downloads into your Vortex install directory!

Tannin42

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have vortex and NMM installed and neither are working so now i can only use creation club gg

You might receive more help in this forum if you create a separate thread for your problem.

Furthermore, you need to provide relevant details if you expect to get any help.

All those mods from Vortex well not work tell they fix Vortex so mods can work with Fallout 4 not working in game I am running off Nexus Manger mods are loaded an working. I am not going take off Nexus manger.

You might receive more help in this forum if you create a separate thread for your problem. Furthermore, you need to provide relevant details if you expect to get any help.

The problem that needs to be fixed appears to be your game setup and not Vortex. If Fallout 4 mods will not work with Vortex, how is it possible that I have successfully used Vortex with Fallout 4 for the past eight months?

I hate them when they repeat what I said some of my plugins are not working of Fallout 4 Plugin 115 Active 115 total mods 152 installed 152 Active mods 150 that why some of the mods are not working I can not even get some of these mods loaded in Vortex there is no button to get them transfer from Nexus Manger to Vortex. Those supports well not well me out, I am thinking about remove Vortex off my computer.

"" I can not even get some of these mods loaded in Vortex there is no button to get them transfer from Nexus Manger to Vortex. "" ..... are you trying to download a mod from the game mod page in Nexus, where the mod is located at, clicking on the file that you want to download and still is not being installed in Vortex ? Did I understand you right or not ?

What do you mean when you said "there is no button to get them transfer.." ?

Hey, I know I'm late to the discussion but I read a lot of people talking about how installing Vortex to other drives besides C can cause problems. I know there's a lot of people who use a very small SSD for their OS and a few important programs and a HDD for the rest of their data (like me), and even though Vortex isn't a particularly large install it's not necessarily trivial. It isn't a problem for me because I play games and specifically Nexus moddable games quite often so I'm happy to give a bit of my precious SSD space to it, but some people might not be as in to modding games or may not use their computer for games quite as much, so they really have to make hard decisions about whether to install a mod manager to their OS drive or a program/game they use more often. I can just imagine that there are quite a few people out there who would like to use Vortex but not so much that they can dedicate space on their C drive to do so and thus would like to install it somewhere else.

I suppose this is why you allow a custom install directory which is great, I just want to encourage Tannin to continue supporting this behavior and improve the stability of that use case, if possible.