DAI Isn't loading into Skyhold

ELECTRAelectra

So, I've found a number of posts with people who are having issues loading Skyhold with mods, but no definitive answer on a way to fix this so I decided to make my own post.

After a billion reloads, I have officially narrowed it down to hair mods (these are all the ones I have):

QFtuckedbob

SK_High Bun with Side Swept Bangs

SK_Messy Layered Hair

SK_Messy Wavy Bob

Side braid with bun
SK_Hair Retexture_4K

Now, just to be sure, I went ahead and removed the mods, loaded through Skyhold, saved, and downloaded the mods again. Doesn't work. Then I tried saving outside of Skyhold, and the mods worked perfectly again.

Any help would very much be appreciated.

Edited by ELECTRAelectra

I had similar problems with loading mods, only in my case, it was the chantry in Haven. I'd open the door, and there'd be no floor, untextured walls and floating candles.

Unfortunately, there's really nothing that can be done. Modding DAI is a risky business anyway because you're essentially messing with bits of game code. My best suggestion is to make sure that any mods you use were released after the last patch of the game, which was 5 October 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I could offer some help, but I'm new to using mods in this game. Just some drive by thanks for the effort you took to narrow this down, as it helped me isolate my own loading issues!

ETA: It was the 4k re texture for me. As soon as I took that out my loading issues went away again.

ETA2: I've tried the "LITE" version of the retexture mod, the Trespasser compatible one. That loads up fine as well. It's not the perfect solution, but it's better than I'd hoped for! I hope that helps.