Racemenu for SE?

Dolly98

Being gone from Skyrim for many years, I just returned to the game less than a month (and having to relearn a lot of things, mod wise). So the first thing I learned is "Oldrim" (not a mod, but a nickname for old Skyrim) and to avoid all Oldrim mods at all cost since I am running SSE. Grabbed the first (probably most downloaded) racemenu mod, which is ECE.

But now, from screenshots, it looks like Racemenu looks very good. I just hope it's not the "grass on the other side is greener" syndrome. I do know RM does have overlay and ECE doesn't. Can someone fill me in how different ECE is with RM?

In my opinion, RM's sculpting tool is easier to use than ECE's, your mouse becomes the tool tip to smooth, raise, lower, etc each point on the sculpting map. You also get a box with a 3d representation of the character's head with the mesh that you can manipulate and spin around to get a better idea of what they'll look like, rather than ECE's 2d mesh.

I never used ECE very much myself on Skyrim (Oldrim, not SE), so I'm not entierly sure of how deep the differences are (especially since I use about 100-150 mods in the old game) but they both apepare to be pretty similare, it's just a user interface difference from my perspective :)

So I just intalled Racemenu for SE with Alpha 6. I am getting a strange bug in the opening cut scene where the two guards on horse are missing with Racemenu active. When I disable it they appear again. Anyone else experience this behavior?

Does anyone have any word on when the Next Alpha will release with Sculpting? Really could use the import feature... I ask this because the difference in time between updates is pretty far in between and im starting to worry it may not be completed for a Very Long Time.

I BELIEVE I converted Racemenu correctly using the instructions from that video EgoAltar mentioned above along with others.

It seems the sliders are all working for me (or at least the ones that I care about) except the HEIGHT slider.

Anyone having the same problem?

Or anyone possibly knowing the fix?

Thanks.

So I just intalled Racemenu for SE with Alpha 6. I am getting a strange bug in the opening cut scene where the two guards on horse are missing with Racemenu active. When I disable it they appear again. Anyone else experience this behavior?

I have a vanilla save that starts my character at the point where she exits the cave, this way I bypass the whole beginning scenes when I start my game.

Although having the horses run up the side of the mountain is pretty funny...once. After that, iz not so funny.

Edited by LaurellaBellaBean

• 3 weeks later...