Weird Sentry Bot Light Bug

shefski55555

I have a strange but with the sentry bot's headlamp. The light has become very blocky and looking at it causes my fps to fall through the floor (GTX 1070 for reference it doesn't normally go over 30%). Now I could only find 1 other case of this and no one seemed to know what it was.

The lamp was fine when I saved my game last night, I did install a few more mods today but I have since disabled them all to try to fix this. I also installed a couple enbs to try them out Natural-Lighting HD ENB & Improved and Expanded Everything ENBseries Preset (previously id only had the shadow fix installed). I have however removed these now as well as enbseries entirely using Enb and ReShade remover (bat file)

Removing the automatron's head and replacing it does fix the issue but a quick save then quick load caused it to return.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I could try to fix this I would appreciate it. I haven't verified my game files yet as I believe that'll really f-up all my other mods? So I'd rather leave that as a last resort.

Screenshot: http://drive.google.com/file/d/16xSLaQ7hQCL6biCVHqJDgz_1_3MPYsqX/view?usp=sharing

Update: Verified Cache problem persists

Update2: After uninstalling and reinstalling a load of mods and trying different combinations I've given up as the automatron was bugged from the kellog mission name bug anyway, it does appear however that the lamps on sentry bot enemies were still fine, so IDK I even installed a custom headlamps mod and applied that to my automatron to try and fix it to no avail.

Edited by shefski55555

• 3 weeks later...

So I figured out that whatever is causing this bug is affecting the sentrybot meshes.

This mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17518?tab=description when installed properly removed the light issue for me. Granted I am experiencing this other weird bug where my sentry bots legs have a weird spark effect happening underneath them.

Edited by Alpha115

• 1 month later...

Mod, posted here, helped me not much. But.

Here is the deal.

Disabling-enabling Ada Through console helps remove this glitch temporarily. Untill next savegame load.

Disabling Ada in one cell, moving to some other cell, untill first cell is 3d-unloaded from memory, and then enabling her, helped me to get rid of the bug completely. And yes, by the all means, just not use the sentry heads. Sentry head itself is an issue.

I vaguely recall having this bug once, and I think it was before I got super-conscientious about how I modded my game. I have not gotten it since modding my game according to a guide I've published.

So, if anyone is willing to go through my modding guide with this specific bug in mind and let me know whether or not you still experience this glitch, I would be much obliged. (And hopefully it will help others.)

Guide is linked in my sig.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disabling Ada in one cell, moving to some other cell, untill first cell is 3d-unloaded from memory, and then enabling her, helped me to get rid of the bug completely.

This fixed glitch for me. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

The AUtomatron DLC starts to crash my game out to desktop. Bethesda willing to fix these bugs on the future, or the game now just forgotten like the others?

Forgotten, pft, it was forgotten almost the day they launched. Fallout 4 is the worst software Bethesda has put out, but the game it's self rocks. It took me almost 1000 hrs to finally find a fix to my lag/stutter issues. The software's vertical sync was the problem!

Thanks for this fix guys, Ada's light is now working correctly no more layers/lag from it. It is still on all the time, even at high noon, but no lag so....who cares about that.