Mod help: Skyrim SE crashing

Babykk22

Hello, I'm new to modding so I slowly would install mods I was interested in 1-2 at a time so if I had any issues, I could easily fix them. I mainly used this guide https://bethesda.net/community/topic/5795/how-to-load-order along with what the mod authors recommended me to do in terms of Load Order. I had no issues in running my game by the looks of it but I knew my Load Order wasn't perfect so I went ahead and installed Loot from here https://loot.github.io/ and from it I installed LOOT.Installer.exe, MSVC 2015, loot_0.12.4, and 7-Zip. I used Loot to touch up my Load order but once I went onto my save, anytime I would attempt to save, exit or enter a place, etc it would crash so by the looks of it, I harmed my Load Order pretty bad.

This is how my Load Order currently stands:

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp=1
campfire.esm=1
cutting room floor.esp=1
static mesh improvement mod se.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
reverb and ambiance overhaul - skyrim.esp=1
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp=1
better vampires.esp=1
nordic carriage company.esp=1
dolomite weathers - vivid.esp=1
truestormsse.esp=1
WondersofWeather.esp=1
fos - forests of skyrim.esp=1
holidays.esp=1
SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp=1
immersive patrols ii.esp=1
Hunterborn.esp=1
frostfall.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.esp=1
ineed.esp=1
Verdant - Altered Forest Grass.esp=1
smilodon - combat of skyrim.esp=1
dd - realistic ragdoll force - realistic.esp=1
friendlybrynjolf.esp=1
nordicsnow.esp=1
real mountains.esp=1
dd - enhanced blood main.esp=1
wetandcold.esp=1
Footprints.esp=1
SimplyKnock.esp=0
Hunterborn - iNeed Patch.esp=1
Hunterborn - Campfire Patch.esp=1
chesko_lorebasedloadingscreens.esp=1
icepenguinworldmap.esp=1
icepenguinworldmapaddon-noclouds.esp=1
chesko_wearablelantern.esp=1
ks_hairdo's_lite.esp=1
bos.esp=1
SkyUI_SE.esp=0
immersive citizens - ai overhaul.esp=1
ELE_SSE.esp=1
relationship dialogue overhaul.esp=1
rdo - crf + ussep patch.esp=1
realisticwatertwo.esp=1
realisticwatertwo - ineed.esp=1
SkyUI and Simply Knock are inactive as I haven't added SKSE yet but I wanted to mention them since they're still part of my load order.
I also have some mods that weren't included in my load order as I believe they were just graphic overrides but I'll include them anyway to be safe:
Skyland 2k
Skyland-whiterun
Skyland-towns and villages
Rustic Clothing
Realistic aspen trees
HQ tree bark
Pastel map markers
Enhanced Textures Details
I know I probably did a dumb newbie mistake so thank you for any kind of help. :3
UPDATE: The problem was fixed! Better Vampires and I Need weren't compatible so it must've caused a scripting issue when updating the Load Order. I uninstalled both mods and went to a previous save before installing Better Vampires and I no longer have any crashes. Now I just gotta reinstall I Need. :3
Edited by Babykk22

Hello I had a problem that was very Similar. the fix for me was by deleting the SkyrimPrefs.ini in the documents. but I would Backup your INI before attempting to delete it because for me yes it fixed the issue but some areas of the game was messed up. so that is one idea you could try but remember to back up your SkyrimPrefs.ini.

​but also you could try verifying the integrity of your files by using steam.

​but if none of the above works for you I'm very sorry that I wasn't able to help you further. :)

​Regards: Stephen999

I tried that and my game would still crash upon saving or trying to enter another place but I think I found the problem! When I installed Better Vampires (which was my most recent download prior to any crashes) and used the mod for about 30 minutes, I realized it wasn't compatible with I Needs and when I checked the Mod Authors page, I Needs wasn't listed as one of the compatible mods. I decided to disable and enable my mods one by one to see if any of them caused the crashing due to poor Load Order, etc and I noticed that I Needs and Better Vampires wouldn't disable properly (the game wouldn't tell me that the mods were disabled and etc). I also had Brynjolf as a follower by using the Friendly Brynjolf mod and tested out one of the Better Vampires features on him so perhaps I should uninstall Friendly Brynjolf, I Needs, and Better Vampires and go back to a save prior to installing Better Vampires and simply reinstall Friendly Brynjolf and I Needs afterwords? Thank you by the way!

Edited by Babykk22

• 2 years later...

Greetings fellows, I am also a new-ish modder. A friend of mine helped me get started on some mods and linked me a guide, and I just went ham from there. My current problem is that I can't enter "The Sleeping Giant Inn" in Riverwood. Every time I do my game crashes. I've done a clean install twice, and even deleted everything to do with MO2 and then redownloaded mods, and not even as many as I had, and I'm still having the issue. I found the crash information in the "Overwite" on MO2, but I have no idea how to read it to tell what's going on. Any suggestions on how to help?
Here is what it shows at the beginning of my crash report:

Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FF6FA70DDDA (SkyrimSE.exe+D6DDDA) on thread 5324!
FrameworkName: NetScriptFramework
FrameworkVersion: 9
FrameworkArchitecture: x64
GameLibrary: SkyrimSE
ApplicationName: SkyrimSE.exe
ApplicationVersion: 1.5.97.0
VersionInfo: Successfully loaded
Time: 08 Jun 2020 01:45:57.537
Possible relevant objects (5)
{
[ 25] TESObjectDOOR(Name: `Door`, FormId: 0006597B, File: `Skyrim.esm`)
[ 25] TESObjectREFR(FormId: 140A9227, File: `LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm`, BaseForm: TESObjectDOOR(Name: `Door`, FormId: 0006597B, File: `Skyrim.esm`))
[ 198] BSLightingShaderProperty(Name: null)
[ 209] NiNode(Name: `NPC L Thigh [LThg]`)
[ 350] NiNode(Name: `Scene Root`)
}
I thought that the [numbers] indicated mods, but I don't have 350 mods. I'm not sure what it means and whatnot, so help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading.