• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ebonmort

ebonmort

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 66 posts

Hello Forum,

I've played DAO thru several times, and each DLC (Except Darkspawn) at least once. 

I've just bought DA2 from Origin.  Playing thru the tutorial.  Not so impressed with the combat system.  Basically like an arcade game.  I definitely preferred the "pause and set up" strategy of DAO.  Don't know if I'll get used to this.

Main first question:  During the tutorial, I'm able to download a savegame from "Origins" to set plot lines in DA2.  Are there any DLCs from DAO that will alter the plot in any way?  Or is "Origins" the only one they count?  If so, which DLCs affect the plot the most?

2) Which Mods make gameplay smoother?  Not really interested in mods that change lighting, hair , etc.  Examples from DAO might be:  "

"Quinn's Fixpack"

"Advanced Party"

"Respecialization"

"LVL 50"

Thanx in advance for an answer.  DAO forum is still well-attended.  I hope this one is too.

Edited by ebonmort, 10 March 2018 - 04:23 PM.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

Hello, ebonmort;

None of the DAO/DAA DLC affects DA2.  In fact, except for the biography and survival (or not) of the Warden, and who rules in Ferelden, nothing prior to DA2 matters at all.  And those earlier events are simply referenced, either in the narration, the codex, or in throw-away dialogue lines. 

Several DAO/DAA NPCs make long or short appearances, but your actions with them in the other game(s), or whether you (as the Warden) ever encountered them at all, will not make a difference in DA2.  Remember, you are not playing the Warden.  You are playing Hawke, a refugee who fled just as Lothering was being overrun, well before the Blight was defeated.

I actually don't use nearly as many mods with DA2 as I do with DAO.  Total count in-use is 35, (as of today.)  And the majority of them are "appearance mods".

Here's the list of the ones I use that change gameplay:

• Better & Evolving Companion Weapons
  • Evolving Legacy Items
  • Increased Combat Dialogue
  • Sketchy on the Details Fix
  • Valuable Junk
  • Faster Run Speed
  • Weapon Swap Sets

You might also want to look at "Level Cap 50-100", or some of the others that change how easy/hard it is to level up.

ebonmort

ebonmort

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 66 posts

Thanx for the quick reply.  Had the assumption that plot lines from DAO/DAA/DLCs would carry over.  But no biggie.

And thanx for the reference on mods.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

Well, the main plot-line carries over...

• There was a Blight in Ferelden. 
  • The Warden stopped it.  (As Grey Wardens do.)
  • Someone (Alistair?  Anora?  Both?) reigns.

But those events are well in the past by the time DA2 gets going.  Which it does with a whole new cast in a whole new location.  (Well, there is one returning character from DAA, and a few very  minor appearances by some from DAO.)

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.874 seconds