Anti-crash mods for F4?

SirDanest

I seem to recall any number of performance-fixing and anti-crash mods for new vegas, like NVAC, I think it was called. Are there any mods that do something like that for fallout 4, increasing stability? And if not yet, maybe they're still possible to create

I almost never had CTD issues in FO4 with 100+ mods running, including script-heavy mods such as War of the Commonwealth. Stability has been very improved from that of Skyrim.

That might the reason why there is no Crash Fix mods as it had been in Skyrim or FONV.

Checking your load order and removing flawed mods would help eliminating the CTD.

• 8 months later...

The reason there are no crash fix mods or a lot of fix mods is that a lot of Skyrim players don't like Fallout.sad to say.

Nothing against enthusiast but his experience is an exception rather than a rule.If you google Fallout 4 crashes a lot of people had them. Sometimes mods, sometimes pc errors, sometimes microsoft with incompatibility issues, sometimes due to the fact the game was poorly made and poorly optimized to begin with.My legendary skyrim games rarely crash.Fallout 4 crashes often and despite upgrading to Vortex, removing suspect mods , reinstalling restarting the game over and so on and so forth it still crashes way more than it should.

The game was faulty to begin with and overall is a disappointment for me personally.

Edited by ANGRYWOLVERINE

2,000 hours of Fallout 4 game time plus 1,000 hours of testing my own mods time, seen a number of common quest/dialogue errors but not a single CTD until I pushed he uGridsToLoad from 5 up to 25 for long range shooting.

Of course one inDUHvidual isn't a statistically significant sample, but it demonstrates that stability is possible.

• 1 month later...

Sup Y'all... So! FO4 CTD constant! I'm on Win-7 Ultimate X64. CTD occurs after about 1 & a Half to 2 minutes even as the Vault-Tec splash vid plays or if goes to main menu, or if I get a save loaded quick, game play lasts for only a minute or two. I didn't just come here for assistance out of nowhere, I've recently acquired a new upgraded board, CPU, 32 GB total system memory, & a 1070-ti (lucky me). Everything is running stable & tested, benchmarked etc.

I've verified files in steam multiple times & it seems every time I do, there are files missing. I'm running everything as Admin including login to my system as admin. I've got the latest version of NMM. I've reinstalled all my Mod's. I've played with the .ini files. I D/L'd the County Crossing Patch just to see if it would make a difference, I've renamed my 'interface" folder as someone else suggested. I've used DDU (Device Driver Uninstaller) & installed various versions of NVIDIA drivers. I've broken things down into different Mod Profiles in NMM with no luck. One strange recurrence is that if I try to start my game without my Mods, the Game just hangs on the endless black screen with the spinning blue circle. If I activate my mods, I can then get to the splash screen which allows you to load a game etc. NVIDIA Control Panel helps nothing, running the game in windowed borderless does nothing, adjusting graphics settings does nothing.

One detail that could be the make or break which I have had no luck finding info on the web, is that I got a new SSD & my mod files are still on my old HDD & I cannot figure out a clean way to move my mods over to my new SSD where I've moved my FO4 using steam to move my game. I did have to copy a few certain files over manually including my saves.

I'm going to do ANOTHER Re-Install even though my instincts are however, that a Reinstall is not going to fix this. I did not load anything to do with Fartout 70 Dicxks, however just as the 76-Beta was coming out there were Bethesda Updates & I've had problems with my FO4 ever since!

Everything used to run buttery with 127 Mods (Mostly Weapons) & after these updates everything is bupkis, AND... I used to run MSI Afterburner with FO4 flawlessly & it seems after the "Updates" that is experiencing issues as well now. It seems Bethesda is going down in flames & perhaps they are taking FO4 with them. I dunno. Please help. I'm a Cancer survivor, & don't have much to do, would love to play this game.

Any suggestions please? I would appreciate any suggestions short of "uninsall & shoot yourself".

Thank you all & happy new year.

lol.. yeah I had a few ctd. Mostly from my own mod testing but also from heavy load I think. areas like entrance to goodneighbour as example. you have tree mod that breaks precombines, a weather mod that adds a lot of particle effects, as well as spawns extra npcs. another weather mod with more particle effects, another mod that spawns heavy npcs.. lol its pretty easy to reproduce a ctd.. Love the smug guys that say it never happens.. I mean, Obviously they know the limits of the engine but, us common folk, we just add mods till we find the limit.. Running Frost and Horizon plus over 200 other mods at the same time and trying to create balancing patches.. sometimes I would just pivot left then right too fast and ctd. Probably depends on your rig too.. Also had crashes just from not updating stuff like awkcr. It is fairly stable game tho overall, if you are not going stupid, you should be able to have a good solid experience.

Oy: If you're responding to me, I'm sorry but you have no clue what you're talking about & you provided me with zero assistance, why did you even bother to respond to me? You obviously

failed to properly comprehend my post, I'm not running a "Heavy Load".

I'm asking anyone here for some REAL help if anyone smart reads this... I've now uninstalled both NMM & FO4 & further deleted all associated files, even the invisible ones!

Reinstalled FO4 all by itself (NO NMM), ran start, established settings, & the game is crashing over & over & over no matter all the tricks I employ. Is there anyone here that knows what they're doing

who can suggest anything useful?

Thank you & happy new year.

Ok... So... Guess I'm the jerk here. Figured out my problem. "I'M RETARDED!" - Tommy Boy - After getting to the end of my rope, I decided to undo all the BIOS crap my buddy

did, & go back to default settings, & viola! The game runs fine. I can't believe I've been at this since Christmas Eve! Finally, I can get that Christmasy feeling. Appologies to Oy:

and to the world for my brief idiocracy.

To sum all of this up...

Most problems are caused by hardware/firmware/software issues outside of the game.

Bethes-TARDS can't test all of your hardware and software before release. it's basically be millions more dollars and many more hours of play testing to find and fix these bugs and glitches.

though Admittedly some are a bit hilarious in my opinion...

but there CAN be mod problems, and there CAN be a solution if many people work around the clock finding buggy mods and conflicting files, creating patches for such, and uploading them for all to use.

Honestly though, only a madman would do such a thing all day every day.

It'S F****** BoRiNg!!!1

and seeing how most of us don't really have all too much of a creation kit that ISN'T hidden behind a crummy bethsoft account like their mods, and how many mod developers use Bethesda's store to get paid for their tiny little mods that provided little to the game in the end for a few hundred dollars, there might not be many massive patch packages for us in the future since... well... yeah...

oh, did i mention UPDATES?

Fallout 4 is receiving updates here and there, possibly causing some mods to become obsolete and not function within the new build. which means EVEN MORE F****** WORK for a Metric A**-TON OF PATCHES THAT MAY HAVE STOPPED WORKING PROPERLY!

it's almost exactly like minecraft (Rage it up guys, i don't care if you think it's so taboo to play a java runtime voxel-based sandbox with over 290+ mods), except some mods from older versions still run fine on a newer version if you're that lazy, or that much of a mad lad.

look at me, i just typed almost an entire single-paged dual-sided essay's worth of characters.

god, do i hate myself......................

• 2 months later...