SKSE not launching from Vortex help !

sopmac45

âHi Guys,

âHas anyone has the same problem ? Suddenly, I cannot launch my game vis SKSE from Vortex but I am able to launch it when clicking on the icon located in my desktop ... any idea please ?

âI have not changed at all the folder destination, nor touching anything in the window where you setup that application in Vortex ... simply, is not launching !

âAlso checked the SKSE website and the version continued to be the same I am using, so I am out of ideas, please help !

Thanks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

âHi Guys,

âHas anyone has the same problem ? Suddenly, I cannot launch my game vis SKSE from Vortex but I am able to launch it when clicking on the icon located in my desktop ... any idea please ?

âI have not changed at all the folder destination, nor touching anything in the window where you setup that application in Vortex ... simply, is not launching !

âAlso checked the SKSE website and the version continued to be the same I am using, so I am out of ideas, please help !

Thanks

Did you set SKSE to Primary?

(The Icon for SKSE launcher in Vortex has a little flag on it)

Also, when I get a problem like that, sometimes it's because the thing I'm trying to run is already running so it appears that it';s not starting.

Check your task manager to see if an instance of SKSE is already running

âHi Guys,

Thanks

Did you set SKSE to Primary?

(The Icon for SKSE launcher in Vortex has a little flag on it)

Also, when I get a problem like that, sometimes it's because the thing I'm trying to run is already running so it appears that it';s not starting.

Check your task manager to see if an instance of SKSE is already running

Hi HadToRegister,

Yes, my SKSE in Vortex has been set to be primary and I did not think about the second part .. I will check Task Manager but got a question about the latter, if I am able to run it from my icon sitting in my desktop, means that SKSE is not running in the background, am I right ? Why the process from Vortex could be different in your opinion ? Trying to understand how task manager may handles this ...

Hi HadToRegister,

Yes, my SKSE in Vortex has been set to be primary and I did not think about the second part .. I will check Task Manager but got a question about the latter, if I am able to run it from my icon sitting in my desktop, means that SKSE is not running in the background, am I right ? Why the process from Vortex could be different in your opinion ? Trying to understand how task manager may handles this ...

Ugh, yea, I missed that.

If you can run it from the shortcut, then yea, it's not already running in task manager.

So you were able to run SKSE before with Vortex and now it just doesn't start?

Or did it stop working after you upgraded Vortex?

Hi HadToRegister,

Ugh, yea, I missed that.

If you can run it from the shortcut, then yea, it's not already running in task manager.

So you were able to run SKSE before with Vortex and now it just doesn't start?

Or did it stop working after you upgraded Vortex?

I forgot about that HadToRegister ... I chose Beta in my Vortex and I do not know if that is the cause of the problem.

I tried to delete the shortcut, reinstall it again from the website and it is not launching from Vortex. Bummer !!

I am launching my game from icon in my desktop, which is not a problem at all but I guess that is the function is in Vortex to work, it should as it is expected.

""" >Try deleting the shortcut, then recreating it. Keep in mind you don't need to launch SKSE from Vortex for your mods to work; Vortex is not MO.< """

Thanks, I know oaabdellatif ... thanks for your comments ... I am launching it from icon in my desktop and I will continue doing that even if they fix it.

I have the exact same problem since upgrading Vortex from 0.13.0 to 0.13.5 yesterday.

Suddenly, when I try to launch SKSE (which is set to primary, so either from it's box, or the main Skyrim SE box), I get the first requester box from Vortex asking if it's ok to "Run as administrator", then I get the system requester asking "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", and after I say "yes", the pointer arrow just flickers a couple of times and that is it. No cmd window ever briefly opens and closes, like normal.

When I double click the skse_launcher.exe icon in my Skyrim SE directory, I get the system requester "Do you want to allow his app to make changes to your device?", and after I say yes, it briefly opens and then closes a cmd window, then a while later Skyrim SE loads up.

I did notice there is an extra backslash in the "Start In" box on the SKSE launcher in the Vortex dashboard, so the path reads:

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\\"

But I don't know for sure if that was that way before I not (I think it wasn't). I tried deleting the extra backspace and saving, but it still doesn't launch Skyrim SE.

The Target box is currently:

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe"

Which used to work...

I have the exact same problem since upgrading Vortex from 0.13.0 to 0.13.5 yesterday.

Suddenly, when I try to launch SKSE (which is set to primary, so either from it's box, or the main Skyrim SE box), I get the first requester box from Vortex asking if it's ok to "Run as administrator", then I get the system requester asking "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", and after I say "yes", the pointer arrow just flickers a couple of times and that is it. No cmd window ever briefly opens and closes, like normal.

When I double click the skse_launcher.exe icon in my Skyrim SE directory, I get the system requester "Do you want to allow his app to make changes to your device?", and after I say yes, it briefly opens and then closes a cmd window, then a while later Skyrim SE loads up.

I did notice there is an extra backslash in the "Start In" box on the SKSE launcher in the Vortex dashboard, so the path reads:

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\\"

But I don't know for sure if that was that way before I not (I think it wasn't). I tried deleting the extra backspace and saving, but it still doesn't launch Skyrim SE.

The Target box is currently:

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe"

Which used to work...

That is the same path showing in Vortex ... I do not know at this point if this issue is either related to the beta upgrade or not. Target box and Start in boxes look exactly as you said. From what I know, everything is setup correctly.

I am not going to continue trying more than I already did. Launching from desktop icon.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the shortcut, and that didn't work. But it is definitely the update, because I tried reverting back to the previous version of Vortex (I upgraded from 0.13.0 to 0.13.5), and when I went back to 0.13.0, *poof!* like magic, Skse now launches properly.

I went ahead and re-installed 0.13.5, though, and will keep testing the latest version. I hope this gets noticed and fixed, though I realize it is a minor problem...

My Vortex isn't up to date yet but I had an issue where, for whatever reason it would add extra \ and alter the path in silly ways. It only did it twice or so and I don't know why it did. But it's something to check. Also, is it meant to point to "C:"? I only ask because I'm not used to people still doing it.

Edited by piperman123