donation button

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Gruffydd

Gruffydd

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,265 posts

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have been unable to find it, so I'll just ask...

In the new format, where did the donation button go? I've got someone who wants to donate to me, and he couldn't find the donate button. So, I went to look at the page to see where it is, and no longer see it.

Am I just blind? Or is it no longer there?

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

Your Friendly Neighborhood Assassin

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

donations still exist

I just looked at your most endorsed mod , and the donation option is there in the description

it's just a drop down menu , right where the requirements and permissions are

Gruffydd

Gruffydd

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,265 posts

Found it, thanks! (Not on my own page, because it apparently now realizes it would be silly to donate to yourself, but on someone else's page).

Gruffydd

Gruffydd

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,265 posts

Hrm. Okay, so someone liked my mod enough to want to set up a recurring donation. They used the donate button, followed the steps, etc.

The payment got denied by Paypal, because 1) I don't have a "business" Paypal account, and 2) I am not enrolled in "enhanced recurring payments" for $19.99/month.

Has anyone else received a recurring payment and found a way around this? I'm not a business, so don't see any need for a business account, and I'm sure not paying them $20/month....

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

Your Friendly Neighborhood Assassin

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

I'm not sure this site will endorse a recurring donation model (one time donations are fine , not sure about setting a monthly donation)

whatever the case , I would recommend that you approach one of the admins personally , and ask about this

the admins and devs here should have all of the required information for you

ladyonthemoon

ladyonthemoon

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Sorry, inadequate or useless answer.

Edited by ladyonthemoon, 30 March 2018 - 10:46 AM.

Arthmoor

Arthmoor

Destroyer of Bugs

• Premium Member
  • 16,217 posts

Years ago when I ran some MUD servers I had my Paypal account converted into a "business" account. IT didn't cost anything to do that at the time but it allowed for recurring payments (they called them subscriptions) without having to register for any additional services.

Apparently that's still possible since I have one person who chose to set up a recurring donation that way before I created a Patreon page.

Page loaded in: 0.801 seconds