Donation Button?

Gruffydd

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have been unable to find it, so I'll just ask...

In the new format, where did the donation button go? I've got someone who wants to donate to me, and he couldn't find the donate button. So, I went to look at the page to see where it is, and no longer see it.

Am I just blind? Or is it no longer there?

Hrm. Okay, so someone liked my mod enough to want to set up a recurring donation. They used the donate button, followed the steps, etc.

The payment got denied by Paypal, because 1) I don't have a "business" Paypal account, and 2) I am not enrolled in "enhanced recurring payments" for $19.99/month.

Has anyone else received a recurring payment and found a way around this? I'm not a business, so don't see any need for a business account, and I'm sure not paying them $20/month....

I'm not sure this site will endorse a recurring donation model (one time donations are fine , not sure about setting a monthly donation)

whatever the case , I would recommend that you approach one of the admins personally , and ask about this

the admins and devs here should have all of the required information for you

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago when I ran some MUD servers I had my Paypal account converted into a "business" account. IT didn't cost anything to do that at the time but it allowed for recurring payments (they called them subscriptions) without having to register for any additional services.

Apparently that's still possible since I have one person who chose to set up a recurring donation that way before I created a Patreon page.