Help changing Lydia clothes in creation kit

thisisdovahbear

I'm attempting to change the armor that Lydia wears in the creation kit. Sounds straight forward. However, I change Lydia's default outfit to something else and she still will return to her steel once we hit a loading screen in game. I have a strange suspicion that some quest has a script somewhere that is overriding the outfit that I change it to and defaulting to her original outfit. My knowledge of the creation kit is fairly limited so I don't know where I would find or how I would change such a script (if that's even the problem). Any help is appreciated.

Also don't suggest console commands, I would like to make it a mod so that it will be available on the Xbox One.

Yeah. Any companion will have the game replace their default armor if you take every piece. If you leave something like her gauntlets or boots, then the game won't reset her inventory. CK stopped working for me awhile back or I would show you what to do. Like RobotsSmell said, you will need to find her default outfit and take away or add whatever in either X-edit or the CK.