Request - Find File by Name & more Source listings

pzaw

hi,

I am trying to setup Vortex.

In vortex, for some unknown reason, I can't import Mnn files. This is not a problem. What I did was to grab all my installed mods from MNN and copy it to the new Vortex download area.

The Problem...

The only trouble with this is that these are old files and vortex won't populate the Version numbers and no pretty pictures and nexus link associated with it.

So in order to get the Vortex compitable (Ok...Ok. I know old files are still compatible but I am upgrading to a new manager and I want to experience the new vortex in all its glory) I have to locate the mod but I cannot do it in Vortex becausefor some MODS there is no ID associated with it.

This is where my suggestion comes in.

Although there is no ID populated (Guess does not help with some mods) there is a Mod name field. What I suggest is to put a search button similar to "Nexus Mod IDs are numbers" for the Mod Name field.

This could hopefully take me to a search result of the name on Nexus so that I can upgrade the modquickly and painlessley. This could be improved further by having a field for the URLs of the Unknown MODs.

This feature can be made use of not only for old nexus files without IDs so people could migrate to the new Vortex but also for non NEXUS mods.

This would involve an extra field where users can actually insert the URL of the Mod that they are using if it is not from Nexus which would be controlled by the Source Field. If choosing non nexus then a URl field could be popped displayed instead of the Nexus Mod ID.

You could add sites like Steamworkshop, others etc in the Source drop down list which at the moment has only Nexus listed.

In summery this could make not only the transition of MNN to Vortex smoother but help with the Mods that are not from MNN. Making it a more user friendlier Manager.