The "What's Up" "Goodbye" Curse

Okay so i am very very new to modding on the pc, i mean brand spanking new. I have no real idea what I'm doing or how to fix it but for some reason whenever i try talking to certain NPCs all their dialog is missing and im greeted by a phrase i have come to hate with a passion "what's up?" and if im lucky i am given the single option of saying Goodbye. Now for the most part it seems to only affect vanilla side quest and NPCs including companions. Some mods are effected but very few are completely disabled by this, but i have no idea how to reverse it. If anyone has any idea how to fix this please for the love of Vault tec help me. Also if you have any tips for down loading mods in the future, especially NVSE because the unzipping software it recommended kept saying that it wasn't validated or something. thank you

Please see the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

Your dialog problem is most likely due to a "mod conflict". Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

For your issues with NVSE, please see the 'Checklist Item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide. If you are getting an error when unpacking the downloaded archive file, please make note of the exact wording of the error message. (A screenshot works, but images and attachments like ZIP files can't generally be posted directly to the forums. You would have to put them on another site and use the "URL Link" icon on the "Reply to this topic" page menu bar to point to it. Images are terrible for providing the "load order" (LO) anyway, because they usually can't show everything in one image and it's hard to track/scroll across multiple images.)

-Dubious-