Vortex settings file?

piperman123

I'm trying to move my Vortex install, and have managed to but... I'm struggling to figure out some of the files and folders.

What do I actually need to copy over for profiles, settings, mods, downloads, plugins?

I'm asking because something has gone wrong with my install and I keep getting API Key errors, deleting "...\appdata\roaming\Vortex" works to solve that problem but I loose my setup. Copying just the skyrimse folder doesn't work to transfer profiles etc.

It seems something in "state.v2", "metadb" or the preferences file is responsible for the errors but I need a combination of them for the profiles etc. to be detected.

Any ideas?

Edit:

My bad, I've got a new firewall which wasn't applying my new rules. It's fixed.

FYI for anyone who wonders what to move though, "skyrimse", "preferences" file and "sate.v2" folder seem to do it.

Edit 2:

Ok, so save wasting this post, does anyone know what file is responsible for telling Vortex which plugins are enabled? And if there is a faster way of enabling multiple plugins? I've checked in the profile folders but the texts in there are empty or merely mention Vortex generates them automatically.

And if anyone doe's know the exact functions of the files in those folders, an actual explanation wouldn't go amiss, at the moment I'm just going off the results from my trial and error.

Edited by piperman123

Rather than move, uninstall and reinstall. That should make sure any registry setting are changed properly. Deleting that folder in AppData is just lobotomizing the program and nothing is going to be guaranteed to work after that point.

Also, are you just trying to move where it was installed? If so, you can probably get away with copying the install to new location and putting a junction in old location pointing to new.

Rather than move, uninstall and reinstall. That should make sure any registry setting are changed properly. Deleting that folder in AppData is just lobotomizing the program and nothing is going to be guaranteed to work after that point.

Also, are you just trying to move where it was installed? If so, you can probably get away with copying the install to new location and putting a junction in old location pointing to new.

Sorry, saw your post after I edited.

Legend! Haha, you're a life saver. Not sure why I assumed that wouldn't work, perhaps MO wouldn't do that and I carried the thinking over. Regardless, thanks for that, going through my merges and I just had enable 270 plugins one by one :pinch: