• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know you were a farm kid Pagafyr I grew up on a ranch myself. I remember haying season and sometimes running at night if I was running the Baler or Harrow bed . It was a family operation so no cooks just grandma and my aunt but everything was home cooked and delicious miss it sometimes.

Anyway sorry for getting of topic I am not much of a pizza eater when I do have it 's a plain old Pepperoni and sometimes I will add mushrooms or onions. GF is a Anchovies and sometimes caviar persons( I hate both) with onions. The place is local here where I live that makes it fresh you can order it and pick it up or go there and watch them toss and spin the dough around which is kind of entertaining.

Ah! The memories! I remember becoming just big enough to use a shovel called a Razor Back Spade to till Mom's Garden. I remember the first day I got blisters. Next day I found out she had an extra pair of gloves her size that fit my tiny hands.

She was very conscious of squeezing pennies to save money. She was born and raised on her parents ranch in one of the toughest places West of Texas to raise cattle.

All her youth she worked her parents ranch. She was so tight with everything.

She did not offer me her spare pair likely thinking they were just the right size for her hands only. It was only after my palms where the thumb gripped between my first finger on both hands had blisters that wasted band aides she had the idea her spare gloves might fit me. I remember a few weeks of tilling.

Where I finished tilling, to meet her demands, she planted. Until one day when it all began to look like my favorite story book characters low land place with all kinds of plants sprouting flowers in his Jungle story. I used the Rhubarb leaves for cover before dusk so I could hide when my elder siblings and I were playing hide and seek.

When I got older I helped on farms during harvest, Mom's family ranch was one of the ones wiped out by dust storms long before I was born. I remember the old tractor I drove pulling the tri-wheel trailer with 60 lb dried hay bales. After my first experience I was glad they were dry.

That muffler pipe straight up, the flapping lid, popping on it. A John Deere. Johnny Popper.

Now you've gone and made me think all grown up and serious. Makes me feel like going out and sitting on the porch staring out at the sunset. I think being away, living in the city changed Mom just enough to make my life a history lesson for anyone who wants to know what it was like when everything on the ranch was good.

Now I've gone and moved the dust out of my eyes. I'm going to need a slice of supreme pizza.

Oh! Wait. It's Sunday! We almost always stayed dressed up in our Sunday best and went out to a place where I learned about great big oval plates that made my eyes open wide as a couple of big saucers looking at a full oval plate piled high with spaghetti. Bread sticks. Ah, where'd I leave the bread sticks?

While I was gone off to the military the place we spent all those wondrous evening dinners got burned down. So I'm going to have to cook it up myself. Hm?

Thanks for the memories!

I didn't know you were a farm kid Pagafyr I grew up on a ranch myself. I remember haying season and sometimes running at night if I was running the Baler or Harrow bed . It was a family operation so no cooks just grandma and my aunt but everything was home cooked and delicious miss it sometimes.

Anyway sorry for getting of topic I am not much of a pizza eater when I do have it 's a plain old Pepperoni and sometimes I will add mushrooms or onions. GF is a Anchovies and sometimes caviar persons( I hate both) with onions. The place is local here where I live that makes it fresh you can order it and pick it up or go there and watch them toss and spin the dough around which is kind of entertaining.

I would have liked to have had some of that hard work again, and would likely have enjoyed the meals you probably had too.

I know good cooking.

What kind of cattle?

Hm? A twist of Spanish Sausage slices.

Kind of like Pepperoni, only with a Spanish blend. Maybe it originated from where the people say they are neither French or Spanish, because they lived all their lives in Basque Country, they are Basque language.

In Old World Basque society there was belief in witchcraft and supernatural dwellers in mountain caverns and forest fastnesses.

I haven't even eaten any chorizo yet and I am thinking up a new video gamer!

Ooo! I want to go to Basque Country and visit their museums. I wonder if they have chorizo in the list of food they put on their pizza?

• 5 months later...

It's not delivered, it's Bacon me Crazy. I cooked it on a Pizzazz cooker until the crust began to rise and the cheese melted. I like my pizza bread soft and cheese moist. The Pizzazz can be set to cook top and bottom at the same time or be switched to either so it can receive less on the bottom so it doesn't become too crisp.

My pizza's cook until they just begin to emit smoke so they are always like fresh bread right out of the oven and the cheese is still moist with the bacon starting to stick to the topping.