Unable to advance to rank Wizard

GoatChez

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm having an issue where I cannot advance to the wizard rank of the mage's guild. They told me to buy/find a wizard's staff, which I did, but still repeat that statement when I ask again. If I click on the "wizard's staff" topic, they tell me to keep it on me at all times, so it is registering, at least in that check, that I have the staff on me. Does anyone know of any fixes for this? I've done a search on google but the results are from the game's early days and none of them have solutions.

Easily. Intelligence and Willpower are near 100, Destruction at 93 and none of my other magic skills are below 45. (For context, requirements are Int and Wil at least 33, one skill at 70 and two at 25)

I do notice in the Construction set that I need "Fact Rep" (presumably faction reputation) to be at least 80. I don't know how to check this stat however, so I don't know if I meet that requirement.

Turns out something in Tamriel Rebuilt was causing the problem. I noticed in the construction set that when I loaded all plugins there were duplicate responses for wizards staff, belonging to TR npcs. Disabling the mod and asking for advancement gets the advancement, I am now going to look into why this problem happens.