switching from in game mods tab to NMM

pauldpablo

Please assist!

Here is my situation:

I started playing Skyrim:SE back when it first came out and didn't have support for NMM. Naturally I just downloaded my mods through the in-game mods tab. This worked fine but just recently I decided I wanted to try to switch over to NMM for various reasons.

I figured in order to maintain compatibility with my current save file I would need to make sure I have all the same mods installed, so first I created a list of all the mods I was running. Then I made a backup copy of my save file and proceeded to delete all my mods and reinstall them via the Nexus Mod Manager.

Now that I had all the mods installed again, and my load order sorted, I tried to load into my old save and couldn't because it had been corrupted. I noticed that even though I had reinstalled all the same mods with NMM, I still got the message saying those mods were missing from the save file when I tried to load it.

Am I SOL? Or is there something I can do to recover this save? Remember, I still had the save backed up.

Edited by pauldpablo

I have no idea if that should work or not but the load order would have to be the same for sure. Since you have that save you should be able to go back to not using NMM shouldn't you, & use NMM next time around?

Thanks for the reply! I think I may have rearranged the load order somewhat. I recorded my mod list in the order that I had it on the in-game mods so I'll try to get the exact same load order. If that doesn't work then I'll try reinstalling the mods through the in-game mod tab and see if it will work. I'm worried that deleting the entire mod list somehow made even my backup saves irretrievable.

I have no idea if that should work or not but the load order would have to be the same for sure. Since you have that save you should be able to go back to not using NMM shouldn't you, & use NMM next time around?

The other thing I found is that not all of the mods I had downloaded on the in-game list were on nexus. That might be a big issue. Honestly at this point I'll just be glad if I can go back to using the in-game mods without any problems.

Please assist!

Here is my situation:

I started playing Skyrim:SE back when it first came out and didn't have support for NMM. Naturally I just downloaded my mods through the in-game mods tab. This worked fine but just recently I decided I wanted to try to switch over to NMM for various reasons.

I figured in order to maintain compatibility with my current save file I would need to make sure I have all the same mods installed, so first I created a list of all the mods I was running. Then I made a backup copy of my save file and proceeded to delete all my mods and reinstall them via the Nexus Mod Manager.

Now that I had all the mods installed again, and my load order sorted, I tried to load into my old save and couldn't because it had been corrupted. I noticed that even though I had reinstalled all the same mods with NMM, I still got the message saying those mods were missing from the save file when I tried to load it.

Am I SOL? Or is there something I can do to recover this save? Remember, I still had the save backed up.

Thank you Baer2x4! Divines bless your kind heart!

Lol I was able to recover the save. I mirrored the load order to be exactly what it was before, and found out that I can still use both NMM and the in-game mods together. This way I still have all the mods the NMM didn't have (which was actually more than I thought). Cheers!