Photo

Need help with script / Set global variable on death.

global variable scripts creation kit papyrus skyrim

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Illumbris

Illumbris

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
This script is placed on a actor scripts.

Scriptname IllumbrisDeathAddGlobal extends Actor  

GlobalVariable Property IllumbrisGlobalStoryKilles  Auto  

auto STATE waiting
EVENT onDeath(actor killer)
IllumbrisGlobalStoryKilles.Mod(1)
endif
endEVENT
endSTATE

I want to make it so on enemy death it will adds 1 point to the global variable This script will be added on a actor kind of like the on death set stage script but I want on death add +1 on 'IllumbrisGlobalStoryKilles' global variable oh and this script does not work?

So what iv done on the quest stages I have this script Int IllumbrisFarmerHelpStage1GV = 4 and once the enemy's die 4 times it will go past this and do the next script which is setstage 10 on Quest stages.

and i'm not sure if IllumbrisFarmerHelpStage1GV = 4 will work in till I can get the actor script to work.
Please help!

Attached Files

FrankFamily

FrankFamily

The Evil Blacksmith

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,090 posts

I'm not sure why you seem to expect (or maybe I've misunderstood you) "Int IlumbrisFarmerHelpStage1GV = 4" to do "Wait until this global has a value of four, when it has continue running". What that code does is define a new variable of type integer called IlumbrisFarmerHelpStage1GV and give it a value of 4, then this variable is never used, it is not cheching the global variable at all, you'd need a property to the global for that.

The actual code that would do what you want would be:

* Go to scripts and add a property to the fragment script of type GlobalVariable and pointing to IlumbrisFarmerHelpStage1GV, for simplicity call it IlumbrisFarmerHelpStage1GV and autofill it. Then the he fragment would be:

While IlumbrisFarmerHelpStage1GV.GetValue() < 4 ;self explanatory, while that condition checks run the code inside over and over.
    Wait (1.0) ; wait some amount, once waited it checks the condition again, if still true, repeats.
EndWhile
Setstage (20)

But this would be a horrible way to handle this, do not do this, just wanted to point out what would do what you said. 

Something like this would be better:

Scriptname IllumbrisDeathAddGlobal extends Actor 

GlobalVariable Property MyGlobal Auto ;point to the global
Quest Property MyQuest Auto ; point to the quest in question

EVENT onDeath(actor killer)
   MyGlobal Mod(1)
   If MyGlobal.GetValue() > 4
     MyQuest.SetStage(20)
   Endif
endEVENT

If there is the possibility of multiple of these dying at roughly the same time you might want to do some more complicated like what is explained here: https://www.creation...ultiple_scripts

Edited by FrankFamily, 16 March 2018 - 01:22 PM.

Illumbris

Illumbris

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Ill try this but what i was saying is like the points will increase on the same IlumbrisFarmerHelpStage1GV and when it gets to 4 deaths next stage 10, then when it gets to 8 deaths next stage 20. sorry if it seems like i don't know what i'm talking about with global as I don't know much about it. ama give this script a go. Edit- I was also hoping this to work with multiple quest if possible?

Edited by Illumbris, 16 March 2018 - 02:06 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: global variable, scripts, creation kit, papyrus, skyrim

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.998 seconds