Sofia Mod Issues With Combat Style Change

Demonifox

Hello, this is my first time posting on here so be gentle.

So I'm using the Sopia mod and so far it's great, however after an hour or so of tinkering, I have noticed a major issue I am having with it.

First let me give some background, I hate companions and followers and have never used them before. This is because I prefer to be able to focus all my attention on the enemy and not on my follower. I hate it when a follower will steal my kill or get in my way in combat. However, I wanted to try something new.

I decided to compromise and use this follower BUT I would have her be an archer so that she stays out of my way. However, I have tried changing her class and combat style to light ranger and all she wants to do is use a steel sword she keeps magically finding. I tried dismissing her and then going back to her and having her follow me again with no luck. I keep taking every weapon besides a bow from her inventory, but she refuses to shoot the damn thing to the point of her using her own fists instead (yes she has arrows). I have given her multiple bows to try out but I guess she rejects them all.

Any ideas? *note starting a new game is not an option

Thanks

Well, turns out I'm dumb and didn't scroll down the menu enough to find the "reset" button. I stripped her, took all her s#*!, and then sent her packing. then I activated the reset thing and found her at Whiterun again a few in game hours later. This time I gave her a bow and she seemed to be less close minded about it. I got in a fight with some random bandits who wanted to help me troubleshoot and she what did she do? She stayed the f*#@ out of my way and shot them with arrows. Perfect.