Remove/cancel wet effect from clothing

Normal & Rain, or NICE and less nice

Hi, messing around with that red/slinky dress. I'm swapping around the cubemap for some interesting looks. However, in the rain the dress loses all of the unique color from the cubemap. The sparkles look plain white and, frankly, bad.

I looked at the vanilla red dress and think it has the same effect in the rain, just less noticeable because the cubemap color matches the dress.

Deleting the wet material BGSM doesn't do what I want, since my edited base dress is plain and dark. What I need is either for this cubemap to remain in effect when it rains, or to cancel any changes on the dress entirely. How to do this?

Would love to make more unique styles but this is bugging me.

Thanks!

Edited by ladyisatramp

• 2 weeks later...

Think if you remove the wet material bgsm, those wetness settings under the nif will take effect. R those wetness settings eg spec scale, spec power, etc set to -1 or something or generally mess with those settings?

Think if you remove the wet material bgsm, those wetness settings under the nif will take effect. R those wetness settings eg spec scale, spec power, etc set to -1 or something or generally mess with those settings?

Yes, this unfortunately doesn't help. Either the dress remains varying degrees of black-and-white, or if I get the wetness settings completely off (I don't remember what numbers, was messing around one night) the cubemap still deactivates in the rain and it just looks like the base texture.