F4SE Issues?

Deleted35819780User

So I'm posting this here because I don't really know where else to look, but I'm having an issue with the recent release of Fallout 4 Script Extender.

By process of elimination, I figured out F4SE was causing my controller (xbox one on a PC) to play up.

At the start menu, it skips all the options and goes right into a new game, and when in the character creation it picks the first selection highlighted without having to press anything. So in short, it's acting like I'm holding down the A button.

At first I thought it was the controller itself, so I changed cables, gave it a clean, checked it with other pc games and it works fine (both AC: Rogue and Mass Effect, two different controller setups, etc)

I checked my mods, uninstalling any new ones I added recently because all the other ones I've had for a while, and then uninstalling all of them.

THEN I launched Fo4 without the script extender and the controller worked fine. I've launched it both from the NMM launcher and from the f4se file and they both give me the same result. I've also tried f4se with the installer AND the downloadable 7-zip file. So that's how I deduced it was f4se itself.

The game itself is up to date with f4se and this is the first time I've encountered this issue.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just didn't want to waste anyone's time by making them jump through a loop of questions I'd more than likely be asked. Any input is appreciated! Thank you x

P.S, Yeah, I could probably use the keyboard until it either fixes itself or someone else answers the question, but I have neurological issues with my hands that make it difficult for me to use a keyboard to game.

Silly question: did you set the game's settings to controller instead of keyboard/mouse?

Yup, tried everything with the controller settings and whatnot. It only goofs when I launch f4se, regular ol' fallout 4 works fine.

Another person had a similar issue, set NMM as a game in Steam and that helped them.

I will try that! I'll post an update shortly if that works or not.