Can't login to Vortex

nugar

Just installed Vortex and loaded my mods and all, but when I try to login to Vortex it tells me that i need to log in to Nexusmods (which I already am at the time) is there some sort of lock out due to it being in alpha, or am I possibly doing something wrong. Any help on this is appreciated.

Edit: nvm there must have been some glitch in windows, as I tried again with success, sorry about that guys.

Edited by nugar

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

When you click the log in button in vortex it should take you to a page on nexus where it tells you that Vortex would like to be connected to your account and if you'd like to Authorise it.

Click the "Authorize" button! That should then take you back to a logged-in Vortex. If any of that doesn't work as intended, please let us know which step doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

When you click the log in button in vortex it should take you to a page on nexus where it tells you that Vortex would like to be connected to your account and if you'd like to Authorise it.

Click the "Authorize" button! That should then take you back to a logged-in Vortex. If any of that doesn't work as intended, please let us know which step doesn't work.

I've done all that; I log in to Nexus, I hit authorize, and still nothing. I've logged on to Vortex in the past; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Does it prefer a specific browser? (It didn't work in Chromium, so I reset default to Edge and it doesn't like that either.)

I've done all that; I log in to Nexus, I hit authorize, and still nothing. I've logged on to Vortex in the past; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Does it prefer a specific browser? (It didn't work in Chromium, so I reset default to Edge and it doesn't like that either.)

Finally did the oldest solution in the book: I closed down Vortex, then turned it back on -- and now it's logged in! Apps can be temperamental....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So you click on "Log In and Register" inside Vortex and nothing at all happens? Even when you alt-tab to your default web-browser no new tab was opened?

The only explanation I can come up for that is that you may not have a default browser set. From your windows startmenu go to "PC Settings"->Apps->Default apps and see what - if anything - it lists under "Web browser"